The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers | October 28th, 7:00pm PT | SNP, SN650 | 2019 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Panthers @ Canucks  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Florida Panthers
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :)
  3. 3. How many goals will the Florida Panthers score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :(
  4. 4. Trick or treat?

• Trick!
    • Treat!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

34 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm saying there are different standards for each player. If LE coughs up the puck in the neutral zone and if BB makes that same mistake, I guarantee one gets blown out of proportion more than the other. People will remember LE's mistake games later, but will have no memory of BB making that same mistake. Just because Brock is the better player doesn't dismiss that mistake if we will go on and on about it for LE.

did Loui not throw Green under the bus in the summer, nothing can sugar coat that.  has not Loui played awful for 3 years making 6 mill a year and not living up to his contract? this is why many on here do not have a lot of faith for him.  I hope he plays well for his sake

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mll said:

Not sure they want Gaudette playing - he has only 15 more games before he is waiver eligible.  They seem to think he needs more development time.  

I'm wondering if having the Comets here on the west coast would allow for a guy to come up for just a game or two, and then go back down.  Maybe Hockey Gaud stays down, and we bring up Big Mac to play that fourth line spot for a couple games?  It just seems like having the Comets so far away (distance and time to travel wise) hurts us.  Do any other teams have their farm clubs such a distance away?  

37 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

NHL salary vs AHL salary. He's earned the NHL salary from camp. I'm sure if Gaudette prefers to stay in Utica for his development, he would ask for it. He's not complaining. He's hopefully analyzing NHL action with the idea that he needs to play a strong defensive game, so watching someone like Sutter and Beagle (and Horvat) do their things will be beneficial to him. It is beneficial for the Canucks to not get him into waiver territory too early either just in case.

Not just watch, but practice as well (although I know you meant that as well)

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

did Loui not throw Green under the bus in the summer, nothing can sugar coat that.  has not Loui played awful for 3 years making 6 mill a year and not living up to his contract? this is why many on here do not have a lot of faith for him.  I hope he plays well for his sake

We've had a whole summer discussing the LE comments. I'm not going to get into that again. We all know what the issues are with having LE, but there's not much that can be done about that. At the end of the day, I rather LE play his role and be positive for the team rather than create more controversy about it making it a distraction. If he does enough to keep a spot on the team and helps us on the PK or whatever, then that's that. Just have to accept it and wait out his contract. If something can be done earlier then great, but until then the only beneficially thing for our team is that he performs well and just support him to do so.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm saying there are different standards for each player. If LE coughs up the puck in the neutral zone and if BB makes that same mistake, I guarantee one gets blown out of proportion more than the other. People will remember LE's mistake games later, but will have no memory of BB making that same mistake. Just because Brock is the better player doesn't dismiss that mistake if we will go on and on about it for LE.

lol if brock scored 9 goals and 18 assist and 3 hits people would be all over him too , so don't even go there   , brock is a young player competes and yes makes mistakes , if loui made more of an effort then his mistakes wouldn't be so amplify , 3 years of his play  you bet people are going to be critical. Different standards for different players , so you are going to pull that card ?   loui had his different standard and treatment for 3 years  and guess what  it is over ,  Time to earn your ice time  , nothing is given  compete or sit  , standards are higher now  

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if having the Comets here on the west coast would allow for a guy to come up for just a game or two, and then go back down.  Maybe Hockey Gaud stays down, and we bring up Big Mac to play that fourth line spot for a couple games?  It just seems like having the Comets so far away (distance and time to travel wise) hurts us.  Do any other teams have their farm clubs such a distance away?  

I think it helps us, because the guys can just focus on playing and practicing away from the airplane seats when they get called up for a game and put back down. When they're up here, they're up for awhile.

It makes 'insta replacements' more difficult, but we also carry extra players on the roster for filling in anyway. Loui is filling in for Motte, we'll see if he decides after 10 games scratched whether he wants to play or not.