The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

LA is no longer a true test of anything. Anaheim is, from a goaltending perspective, and from a physical one. San Jose, while having a decent forward corps, and some excellent defensemen, are sieves in goal.

I won't be shocked if the Canucks sweep the trip.

Del Zotto and Guddy are apparently playing well.

I'm happy for Gud. I think you and I were a couple of his supporters. He did well in Pits and now I hope he doesn't have a gud game on Fri!...but then he can continue to show he deserves to be in the NHL...

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm happy for Gud. I think you and I were a couple of his supporters. He did well in Pits and now I hope he doesn't have a gud game on Fri!...but then he can continue to show he deserves to be in the NHL...

They are not

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Usually this means the player is chirping his own team and calling them out for a weaker than acceptable performance.

In this case I think it was both.  

Most guys will talk of other teams and say things like "every game is a challenge, or any team can get a win on any night, or we can't take our foot off the gas these guys are hungry for a win".  Doughty is just salty that his team is a raging tire fire and took it out on his old division rivals.  It's the only way for him to stay relevant right now, just let the poor guy have this one :lol:

38 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He was useless in Pitts... Hence why they dumped him

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Love that Schaller has made his doubters shut it. 

Including myself.

Ya for sure. Imo it's more his name doesn't stick out as a known good player so people are tougher on him and assume he is ahl quality. No doubts now though he is capable of the NHL. Just gotta find consistency and maybe he might turn into another 3rd liner for us. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

He will get a few games. Eriksson played well though 

I don't get all the Eriksson praise for that game.  Is it because he didn't screw anything up? Cause an own goal? Oh right, he forechecked once, going into the boards with two other players. He didn't come up with the puck, but he did dislodge it,   So yeah, no assist on the play, didn't actually come up with the puck on that forecheck, but he did engage in the play, and it caused a turnover which bounced out to Beagle, to set up Schaller..  WooHoo!  Extend him to another 6 years before anyone else nabs him!

Did anyone notice him much at any other time in that game?  Play Gaudette ffs.  But LE we all know will play, he'll play on crutches, because of his sucky contract.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

He was useless in Pitts... Hence why they dumped him

Nah, he was alright. Stats look ok. 

Better than most thought he would be.

I don't want to turn this into a Gud thread. I didn't mind losing him. Just didn't agree with all the fire sent his way. I would also like all our team to steer clear of him this Fri.

• Upvote 2