The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

LA is going to come out hard, they always seem to do that against the Canucks. 

Boys better be ready to go and not take the Kings lightly, because LA is capable of stealing this away from us quickly.

They will definitely be playing for pride after the past couple of butt kickings and Drew's remarks.  Now they have to back it up.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser 
Ferland-Sutter-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Gaudette

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Sautner

Markstrom

Geez , what’s wrong with Fantenbergh now? Press box version of Salo, can’t catch a break.

58 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

LA is going to come out hard, they always seem to do that against the Canucks. 

Boys better be ready to go and not take the Kings lightly, because LA is capable of stealing this away from us quickly.

I’m thinking that the Canucks will be ready. If LA thinks that the physical game is going to intimidate Vancouver anymore, they’re delusional. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jake has elevated his game this year. He's taking his time assessing the best play (pass, shoot etc), and he's made some really nice passes, some for goals, and going to the net. Previously he would take the puck from his own end and skate like the wind up the side boards, then run out of room and lose the puck. That's the old Jake. He's turned into a pretty good playmaker, and I really like that he's been given a chance with Bo and it's working well so far. Building confidence.

Ideally Jake maintains his current play. Then the team signs him to some Poile type(Scissons 6 yr) deal, for around 3 mill per.

He could wind up being TWICE the value of Melander, Ehlers types.

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I very much DOUGHT a team like that is going to lose to a team lesser than that. 

I've seen (in person) two spankings.  Now go to your room, Drew, and quit mouthing off or you're grounded.

The CDC is fired up about DD's comments. Let's hope our boys are just as fired up and give them another spanking just to emphasize what kind of a team they are.

Not liking the later start too much. The games in LA, ANA and SJ have always been grueling for the Canucks. They're big teams. But now the Canucks are a pretty big team, and I think faster/more skilled than they've been in many years. Can't think it's going to be easy though, I expect the Kings to battle hard at home.  Would love to see Ferland lay some big hits on Doughty and Brown. Would also like to see Hughes get on the board a few times.