The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The Ducks pressured on the power play and the Canucks handled it poorly. JT Miller especially made some bad passes.

I loved that move Brock did going to the backhand in ot, keep the defense guessing by not being too predictable. Good stuff.

Edited by spliced
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

We have a problem On this team and it’s travis green with one thing he does ....and you can laugh all you want but it’s the boy who cried wolf. If green acts like he does every single bloody time we get a penalty that becomes his reputation. Why does that matter? Because when a true bad call happens like boeser in the third they won’t listen because that’s his reputation and they’ll all say the same thing! That’s green again  I get that they don’t just listen to coaches when they complain but what I’m saying is they always do makeup calls and I feel they’ll be less inclined to do makeup calls if he does this every single one! Because they’ll think we’ll thats just Travis crying green again, we didn’t rip them off. But if green hit his lip or chewed him like other coaches of Canucks past then went nuts they would feel inclined to help us with a makeup call, all benefits us in the end.

travis green looking like the refs just totally screwed his team over literally every single time a penalty is called. It’s getting old. It was old two years ago, 

so he thinks every single time the Canucks get a penalty it’s a travesty of injustice? Did you notice John Garrett also NEVER says a thing when the other team gets penalized, we had way more opporunities and the difference is Gibson. I get cheech is our guy but it would be better if both of them didn’t complain literally every time and then say nothing every time it goes the other way.

i just think it’s far too easy to get caught up in the whole California reffing ci Doris year when we got more advtanages tonight.

look all iM saying is I don’t like having a coach who does this every penalty every single one....honestly 

im not worried cause we’re doing good but we have zero ROW wins vs playoff teams from last year, we have one win over a playoff team the champs, came via shootout which is an old tie. So we as fans need to keep things in perspective.

weve started 6-3-1 in 7 of the last 11 seasons. We’re not far off from

thst.

i thin for the first time since 2013 this group has hope we should get ahead of ourselves.....I don’t think Myers played well fumbling the puck, being an Awful anchor we missed Hughes.

marky played great outside the end move but what do you do. It’s 3 on 3 it’s all a gamble.

now we get a playoff team

from last year tommorow and they’re off too a bad start hope that goes in our favour.

we need to jump on them and get out PP going, it’s going to miss a lot with Hughes out if he is

I agree with you there.  You can't really change the ref's mind when it comes to calling penalties.  Just say nothing for like 90% of time and complain the most important part of the game.  Complaining of a penalty in 1st period is virtually pointless.  Just strike them when it hit the nerve making them feeling guilty that they cost them a game and next time, might do us a favor down the road.   Let the players complain, not the coach.   If he had shut his mouth of all penalties and snap at the ref when it was a delay of the game, the ref will feel bad about it.  Because he said something on all penalties, ref would ignore the delay of the game and make it stick on that call.   Ref can always change his mind on the call after the conference.   I saw a mic'd on the outdoor game Anaheim vs Kings in a documentary, Getzlaf is a master of talking to ref, working with the ref making positive comments, like good job, ref, say something humorous comments, etc. and it worked on this case tonight when he complained about the delay of the game.   Horvat could learn of this craft and work with the ref and get them to make a call in favor in order to win the game.   I could see that ref has been good to us lately this season so far is because Horvat is a captain and knows how to work with the ref, I saw a few times where he was talking to referee before period starts or something like that a few games ago.  Daniel and maybe Markus couldn't do that in the past, working with the ref and is generally a quiet guy and a quiet leader.   Often, the ref is against us because English is not their first language when it comes to a casual conversation and if ref likes the captain or not.  So I believe in tonight's game is a exception to the rules and hopefully that the ref who worked tonight get a earful from the league on the delay of the game penalty and do a much better job next time they ref in a Canucks game.   We'll see.   We got to work with 30 other ref in the league and make them like us.  A biased ref can always change his mind over time if he likes that team's captain.   In a perfect world, ref would be neutral and is completely emotionless to all teams/players but it doesn't work that way.  Ref is human and will work for or against us unless it's blatant obvious that he is so biased when it's impossible to change his mind.  If it's the case, the team could request the league that that particular ref doesn't work in a Canucks' game in private.  

• Wat 1

35 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Unfortunate game just like some admins Sence of humor.

canucks just need the vintage tri color gloves and that game would of been a win imo

Just wondering about Canuck history but wasn’t roger Neilson a 1 off Canuck trap system coach thx god for his summer hockey program in the Middle East. = good guy

1 point = I’m happy

on to the sharks.... Im watching you always watching. Good time RNT

CFC75C78-6E98-4C4D-A36D-75394BE920FF.gif

+1 for Street Sharks :lol:

• Upvote 1

Gibson played well, Canucks did not.

Stole a point at least, and that will help at the end of the regular season. 

Markstrom with a high risk move, whatever the guy has been outstanding. 

They will be hungry after that game. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, EliasBoeser said:

I have to admit.. the Hughes injury may be my fault.. I bought his jersey and it came in the mail yesterday.  I need to know my next move.. should I send it back? Burn it? Clearly this is on me..

Give it to me. I’ll PM you my address. Thanks!

• Haha 1

Canucks gotta 

Run ,Not ,Trip

can never throw in the white towel

that’s a great future tropic. White towels are a sign of defeat. Canucks can never show signs of defeat. 
come playoffs Canucks need rid themselves of the defeated white towel and open the ocean and forests of Blue and Green.

Blue and green the colors of victory.....now on to next game fight mighty Orca fight

A9625B49-95B5-48C9-97D6-12BAF9F327B2.gif

648C25B9-E86F-497E-9180-FE05B4FE547A.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

We have a problem On this team and it’s travis green with one thing he does ....and you can laugh all you want but it’s the boy who cried wolf. If green acts like he does every single bloody time we get a penalty that becomes his reputation. Why does that matter? Because when a true bad call happens like boeser in the third they won’t listen because that’s his reputation and they’ll all say the same thing! That’s green again  I get that they don’t just listen to coaches when they complain but what I’m saying is they always do makeup calls and I feel they’ll be less inclined to do makeup calls if he does this every single one! Because they’ll think we’ll thats just Travis crying green again, we didn’t rip them off. But if green hit his lip or chewed him like other coaches of Canucks past then went nuts they would feel inclined to help us with a makeup call, all benefits us in the

What the hell are you even typing??

:picard:

2 hours ago, coolboarder said:

I agree with you there.  You can't really change the ref's mind when it comes to calling penalties.  Just say nothing for like 90% of time and complain the most important part of the game.  Complaining of a penalty in 1st period is virtually pointless.  Just strike them when it hit the nerve making them feeling guilty that they cost them a game and next time, might do us a favor down the road.   Let the players complain, not the coach.   If he had shut his mouth of all penalties and snap at the ref when it was a delay of the game, the ref will feel bad about it.  Because he said something on all penalties, ref would ignore the delay of the game and make it stick on that call.   Ref can always change his mind on the call after the conference.   I saw a mic'd on the outdoor game Anaheim vs Kings in a documentary, Getzlaf is a master of talking to ref, working with the ref making positive comments, like good job, ref, say something humorous comments, etc. and it worked on this case tonight when he complained about the delay of the game.   Horvat could learn of this craft and work with the ref and get them to make a call in favor in order to win the game.   I could see that ref has been good to us lately this season so far is because Horvat is a captain and knows how to work with the ref, I saw a few times where he was talking to referee before period starts or something like that a few games ago.  Daniel and maybe Markus couldn't do that in the past, working with the ref and is generally a quiet guy and a quiet leader.   Often, the ref is against us because English is not their first language when it comes to a casual conversation and if ref likes the captain or not.  So I believe in tonight's game is a exception to the rules and hopefully that the ref who worked tonight get a earful from the league on the delay of the game penalty and do a much better job next time they ref in a Canucks game.   We'll see.   We got to work with 30 other ref in the league and make them like us.  A biased ref can always change his mind over time if he likes that team's captain.   In a perfect world, ref would be neutral and is completely emotionless to all teams/players but it doesn't work that way.  Ref is human and will work for or against us unless it's blatant obvious that he is so biased when it's impossible to change his mind.  If it's the case, the team could request the league that that particular ref doesn't work in a Canucks' game in private.  

Giant bunch of words no paragraphs....didnt' read.......

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Did you see the shots?

Did you see the 2 goals he robbed the Ducks of? Either go in, we don’t get a point.

He made a mistake, he gambled and lost. Big deal. He’s gambled and come up big too in other games.

I’m stoked we got a point against a team’s goalie that has had our number for years. Sometimes the better team loses. That’s hockey.

With Quinn maybe even playing next game we can beat the sharks and get 5/6 points on a CA road trip where we usually get 1 or 2. Boys will be salty about this loss and be extra motivated in SJ.

Let’s keep the good times rolling! Go Canucks :canucks: :towel:

• Upvote 1