The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, dpn1 said:

I found the game so disjointed because the amount of penalties.  It seemed like 2/3rds of the 3rd period was all special teams.  The refs wrecked this game.  If you weren't on special teams, you didn't get much ice time.

Yeah for sure, it was a choppy game all game. But that's playing in Anaheim for you...the ice is terrible there. I think it may be the reason that Quinn went down too, probably caught an edge on some bad ice...I really hate all the California teams...but for me it's Ducks, Kings, Sharks in that order for hate...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sharks are scary.  They have three for sure Hall of Fame greats.  

Now we will win, right? :gocan:

haha, I was being silly.

Still, dont like the hate Gud got here. He is a good dude who tried hard for us. 

And us fans online don't have any affect on the outcome of the game....

QH's ankle though, that will have some affect. 

What's the latest? 

He has been soo much fun to watch. what a great young Dman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Three things about the game sucked:

Ducks sucked the most

Reffs sucked almost as much as the Ducks

Vancouver sucked the least

Everything was off this game--fitting that it was a three pointer. We probably deserved 2 points but that's hockey...

The ice also sucked

• Upvote 2

When Hughes is on the PP he moves around so much the other teams PK stop chasing him and become a stationary 4 man box. It becomes so easy to move the puck around .

Then there’s without Hughes:

then we have That terrible PP that we had earlier in the season.

The one where everyone wanted Newell Brown fired.

The Canucks have a stationary 5 man formation. Nobody moves , they pass 3 times and turn it over. The PK can be more aggressive against us when we stand around.

Edited by Toyotasfan
  • Upvote 1

Marky made some key saves to get us into OT. The team deserved a win. We outplayed the Ducks quite largely, hard for a goalie to get into a rhythm when hes barely feeling the puck. Marky looked sharp, took a gamble and it didnt work, oh well. He got us into OT with that monster glove save and good positioning. Take the point and move on

• Upvote 1

Looking back at that OT goal, it's too bad Miller didn't make a play around the net, because Getzlaf was cheating out of the zone.  He was lucky that Anaheim got control of the puck after the Miller shot it, or else it woulda been a 3 on 2 down low for the Canucks.

12 hours ago, 1-d said:

Edler with over 30 minutes TOI -- no wonder he looked even slower in OT. If Green will keep him on pk than give pp time to someone else, like Stetcher.

He's no Hughes obviously but at least moves & walks the line better than Edler. Getting shots through is probably not much worse than Edler either.

You keep playing Edler & Tanev 25+ minutes a game they won't last until December!

LOL Edler has 3 goals and 9 points for a reason. Stecher is no Edler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

haha, I was being silly.

Still, dont like the hate Gud got here. He is a good dude who tried hard for us. 

And us fans online don't have any affect on the outcome of the game....

QH's ankle though, that will have some affect. 

What's the latest? 

He has been soo much fun to watch. what a great young Dman.

What about @Apricot and her “shutout” positive vibes?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

edler might have 9 points, but come on he is horrible on the pp.  Stecher at least would be better 

Nope not a chance. Stecher's point shots are much worse than Edler's. This fanbase discredits Edler way too much. 

Edited by buddyguy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Pettersson and Hughes weren't very good. Boeser was getting beat up, physical game. Hughes injured, and Markstrom lost them the game IMO. Not sure why he felt he needed to charge Getzlaf, when there were two Canucks defenders with him. Bad decision. But nice not to lose in regulation I guess. Way to go Gaudette. It's clear to me that if Hughes is out, this is a different team. Hopefully he doesn't miss any (or much) time this year.  I'd like to forget this one.

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

edler might have 9 points, but come on he is horrible on the pp.  Stecher at least would be better 

Stecher is not even in the same league as Edler....oh....well I guess he is.  :lol:

...but come on......Edler is a much better player than stech.

I miss the start but caught the third and ot....watched highlights and Jake didn't look to bad, had a great chance in the slot in the first.....then Green benched him for no reason.....why is Goldy or Loui or leivo get chance after chance but Jake gets benched??....

people want Jake to play big and nasty but his not a pack leader.....the team needs a reeves or Josh Anderson, we all have seen jakes game has improved with ferland in the line up or last season with rooster. Just imagine if we had reeves or Anderson an actual heavyweight........

Green is starting to piss me off even more.... He could be using bo and Jake the same way AV used kesler. 

Green isn't the coach I see the Canucks sticking with....

i wish crow would come back cause he would just whisper in Jakes or ferlands ear to make the other teams top players pay.....maybe with crow Jake would go back to playing the body more then the puck.