The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Kovalchuk done in LA?

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

We have Luongo, Bear, Spooner and  Eriksson costing us more

As stated Bear and Eriksson can play for the Canucks and the Luongo penalty is an utter joke...I know the Canucks signed the agreement and it is accepted by the organisation but it still doesn't make it any less of a kick in the nutsack for the Canucks. The whole thing makes me throw up in my mouth when I think about it. Retroactively penalising an organisation just doesnt sit well with me.

Isnt the punishment for acting not in the spirit of the game??? Yet what the Leafs have done with the cap this year is okay???

Alrighty then, thats my ran over for the day....

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

As stated Bear and Eriksson can play for the Canucks and the Luongo penalty is an utter joke...I know the Canucks signed the agreement and it is accepted by the organisation but it still doesn't make it any less of a kick in the nutsack for the Canucks. The whole thing makes me throw up in my mouth when I think about it. Retroactively penalising an organisation just doesnt sit well with me.

Isnt the punishment for acting not in the spirit of the game??? Yet what the Leafs have done with the cap this year is okay???

The Canucks aren't the only franchise being punished, at least in the future. Just wait and see what happens should Shea Weber retire early. You think the Canucks have it bad with Luongo's contract? Just wait and see the trouble the Predators are in for.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Imagine having enough money in the bank to walk away from an extra $4.25 million dollars.

I'm in the wrong line of work. :(

Cap friendly has him at $67.9 mill earnings over his career.

Kovy walked away from 76 million in NJD last time..

He was due to make 11.5 mill per year for next 4 yrs when he left... 46 mill over 4 yrs. He chose to go back to Russia signed for 4.5 mill per year over 4 yrs...

He's not greedy type of guy...

4 hours ago, Monty said:

The Canucks aren't the only franchise being punished, at least in the future. Just wait and see what happens should Shea Weber retire early. You think the Canucks have it bad with Luongo's contract? Just wait and see the trouble the Predators are in for.

If I remember correctly, if he retires in the last two years of his contract, the Preds are on the hook for 12m+. In hindsight, we're actually pretty lucky Luongo retired when he did. Could have been very ugly for us.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Agreed. Our owner is an idiot to have signed that agreement. Total dumbass

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No thanks to ole man kovy.

Why.. he'll likely be willing to sign for league minimum. Prorated that's around 400k for rest is season..

Kovy EP Miller

Pearson Horvat Boeser

No risk and if he clicks with EP huge reward

• Upvote 1

So when are we going to pick up Kovalchuk!!! Why don’t we? Remember all the bad things people said about Evander Kane coming to Vancouver while he was in Buffalo?!? Remember people saying he was baggage nothing but a cancer and would be terrible for this team even though he’s from Vancouver?!? Could have got him at a excellent discount price at that time! Now he renewed himself in sharktown playing excellent hockey with a great attitude change! I’m still kinda chapped about that! But happy for EK situation now:) glad he proved all you doubters wrong! Why can’t we give Ilya Kovalchuk a chance to redeem himself?!? Myb he turns his game around and helps out the team?!? Just cause of what he did in the past doesn’t mean we should judge him for that! Just like most of you did to Evander Kanes situation! Give the guy a chance! Myb hel prove you wrong just like EK DID! 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

So when are we going to pick up Kovalchuk!!! Why don’t we? Remember all the bad things people said about Evander Kane coming to Vancouver while he was in Buffalo?!? Remember people saying he was baggage nothing but a cancer and would be terrible for this team even though he’s from Vancouver?!? Could have got him at a excellent discount price at that time! Now he renewed himself in sharktown playing excellent hockey with a great attitude change! I’m still kinda chapped about that! But happy for EK situation now:) glad he proved all you doubters wrong! Why can’t we give Ilya Kovalchuk a chance to redeem himself?!? Myb he turns his game around and helps out the team?!? Just cause of what he did in the past doesn’t mean we should judge him for that! Just like most of you did to Evander Kanes situation! Give the guy a chance! Myb hel prove you wrong just like EK DID! 

Try to sober up before posting.

• Haha 2

So, I'm noticing on CapFriendly.com, Kovalchuk shows as terminated, but his full cap hit is still on Los Angeles.

With Richards, I guess they felt justified in terminating him for substance issues and the league imposed a recapture penalty.

In this case, it looks like he's just been terminated and essentially being paid his full salary to do nothing.

That's a pretty good deal for Kovalchuk, Here's 6.25 million per year to sit at home and play couch potato.....

It should be noted, in case any NHL teams are reading this, I can be available to play couch potato for a LOT less than that, if any of them wish to put me on salary.... :)

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Evander Kane you knuckle head, get off our boards and focus on doing your thing in SanJose, you crazy guy you.

• Haha 1