The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

25 minutes ago, Howisthishappening said:

For those who play hockey, how easy is it to not hit the net 3 feet out?

Unless you are being checked in the hands, falling down, or have a broken stick? Lol, actually pretty hard to miss by more than a few inches if you are in close.  All bets off if you are trying a close-in move or a deke -- in that case, as everyone knows, you can end up with no real shot at all.  Tanev has no excuse for missing the net by a foot from 10 feet out.  Especially on a wrist shot.  In the old days (my day) a guy like that would probably not be expected to get in that far.  

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Have Petey and Boeser done anything 5v5 last 10 games?

No, but I said it in pre-season that those shouldn't be on the same line in reg play.

My lines in pre-season were

Boeser - Horvat - Miller/Ferland

Goldobin - Petterson - Miller/Ferland

Gaudette - Sutter - Virtanen

Schaller - Beagle - Motte/Pearson/Roussel when he's back.

Loui didn't make the cut.

Pearson was on the block.

Every line has speed, skill and size on it, no weaknesses. And f*ck me that 4th line if it's Shaller / Beagle / Roussel would be just pain to play against. The third would be no joke either.

But here we are I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fecklund said:

The team generally doesn't look good at all, save for spurts far too late in a game to get back in it (stop me when it starts sounding very familiar)

The D in the period though...  that was something 

Well, they're keeping scores down, for the most part........team isn't scoring

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

How so?  LE's looked ok in this game, so far.   If you were looking objectively, you'd see 4-5 guys you'd take our before LE.

Please name the 4 or 5 forwards you would take out before LE?    I believe LE has had lowest TOI except the young 4C the last few games so the coach thinks he's the least valuable forward (except the young 4c)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

To me, that's just not working hard.  Dump, chase and forecheck like madmen is how you bust a defensive posture........right now they aren't forechecking worth a damn 

i dont have a problem with their work ethic tbh, but our neutral zone play is garbage.