The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Analyst82 said:

I love demnko but today he was terrible. Atleast 3 of those goals were average shots. I'm not even going to speak abour coaching because it was piss poor. Team like the canucks needs an established coach who has experience with coaching young stars. 

It'll be ok...murray won a cup and he sucked too

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cup2022 said:

Want a hint Green push the pace with your best players Edler is not the player to put out on ice ever second shift to hold a lead he is past that stage in his career

You mite have won the game with Hughes on the ice every second shift though

Just now, b3. said:

Jesus Christ Thatcher. Make a stop man.

Honestly, hard to completely blame Demko when Myers ran him over. Jake and Guentzel did a flyby screen on him. Defense literally backs off Malkin and just freely lets him tee up a clapper from main street. The defensive coverage is atrocious and we gotta stop just sitting in the slot. No defensive pressure of any kind just let the opposing team freely set up until the puck hits a skate or the goalie makes a save. It's the d zone style in 5 on 5 and on the PK. Just let them have free range to do whatever they want.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Absolutely no way that play is offside. The puck is the first thing to enter the zone...

Not really. Both of Malkin's feet entered the zone first while puck was still outside blueline.

Problem was that he had possession of the puck. 

This was a bad loss and an untimely challenge. 

Edited by LowerMainLander18
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Horrendous coaching but it was offside.

https://ibb.co/PtNDt1K

That's the only decision by Green he made all night that was good. 

For those of you who can't figure it out, Malkin is onside, it's the guy in the middle away from Malkin. His back skate is an inch above the ice. 

Yeah, I thought that could have been the call. The dude in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I don't know if it's the defensive system or just a pure lack of effort, but every single damn time the opponent has control in the Canucks zone, the entire team backs off and lets the cycle run on for minutes on end.

Canucks defence get tired, opponent constantly cycles around and then eventually scored. It's the worst when the opponent has the puck at the point, they have so much room to shoot because the Canucks always back off.

Maybe something in the Canucks defensive system needs to change because I'm tired of seeing opponents running circles around the Canucks. Such passive defence, it's frustrating to watch.

It’s a joke at this point. They’ve been doing it a lot lately. It’s 5 on 5 and then they just stop skating and let the other team have their way with them. 

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Biggest play of the game has to be Schaller whiffing on the puck at their blue line letting Malkin go the other way blasting a clapper by Edler and Demko. 

Ol Doughboy from LA is not looking too stupid nowadays around these parts. 

No the biggest play of the game was Miller hitting the post then moments later took a penalty that lead to a 4 on 4 situation and then after the 4 on 4 expires, it becomes a Penguins powerplay. Four on four play benefits the team that is down because there is more room to try and score. Pens scored there and they struck again the powerplay.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

What a joke.

I’ve never been over critical of the coaching. But... that challenge was a very bad decision. Green even shrugged it off as if WTF... why not... ffs

I believe Green provided an important service developing this team.  but, more importantly, I think this team has out grown him and is beyond his ceiling as a coach

His strength is developing the young players.....I have been a supporter of his up until recently, but he is clearly out of his league...

• Upvote 2