The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's all take a step back and look how far the team has come along.

Rate this topic

ruilin96

Myers has been in the league for years and still crashes into our own players on the regular like he forgot who to body check. The power play still does the same ridiculous pass back to enter the O-zone almost every single time. Its not our young players inconsistencies that has me freaking out.

But good post and very true. We are much improved. But that is because we have a really stellar line up now. We have a playoff caliber lineup. I really liked Green as coach, but something has to give here. In the end these guys are professionals. I cant pin point what the problem is .... hmmm . Coaching?  I still get that vision of Myers crashing into Miller below the goal line in 3v3 OT.. and Bo also being below the goal line .. I guess you cant coach that vision ...

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

We just gonna keep using the same excuse every year? Somebody should've reminded Pittsburgh yesterday they were missing Bjugstad, Schultz, and Sidney freaking Crosby

But but Sutter?  At this point the team should be more used to playing without Sutter than with Sutter 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Please use facts.

To lump this team in to the team's history from 4 years ago is unfair and inappropriate.  Only a handful of guys were even here back then.  And, to be fair...4 years ago the team had 191 goals for.  We're nearly halfway to that number already and this year we're on pace for 266 according to what we've scored to date in relation to where the season's at.   We were 29th out of 30 teams that year!!   This year?  We're 7th in a league of 31.  Fact.  Remember when we were screaming for goals?  You may be stuck in 4 years ago but the team is not, so give them credit. Unless, of course, it's never enough (which is the opposite of us rah rah rah'ers).

Not the same storybook.  There's been some fun hockey to watch despite the results...not picture perfect, but scoring, some great goaltending, a magician on d who will refine his game as he matures, etc.   I am a fan of these things, even if you think of them as "same ol".  They're not.

They have a lot of work to do...so how about we stand by and support them rather than pack it in because of teams before them and by bringing up 4 years ago in an argument that doesn't really hold water or have relevance?

They have shown, on ice, that they're changing.  They were slow and had trouble scoring.  They're fast, dynamic and scoring goals.  That does expose some weaknesses if the defensive game breaks down and, obviously, they have to refine some things.  But it's a matter of getting acclimatized, first, then tweaking.  You have to see what you have to work on before you can start work.  So, for crying out loud, don't somehow give this team a "history" that isn't theirs or relevant.  Allow them to write their own, then decide??

The "this team sucks" is getting old and worn out for some.  At least base the assessment on each team respectively, not on "this team" collectively like it doesn't ever change.  Damn that Dana Murzyn.

You may be stuck in the past but the team isn't and it's time to let go and give these guys a fresh slate to work from.  I'm starting it at this year in a fair shake for them to actually have time to develop and learn.

70% of the players are the same as last year so when I see the same guys standing around not moving their feet just like year's past, yea I can make that comparison very easily. As I've already said, I'm starting to lose faith because a lot of the same problems are still around. I haven't stated that the team sucks and they are definitely better than last year due to the advancement of our young guys and Miller so maybe save the lecture for somebody who needs it Deb. Canucks are 5-6-3 in November which is an improvement actually. Unfortunately, a lot of the same problems are also present and haven't been improved on at all. Systems and lazy play being two big ones. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I've said it for the last 3 ish years.

This team won't be a playoff threat until 2020-2021and I have and will stand by that.

A bubble team this year with a lottery chance.  But next year is where we leave excuses at the door.

Maybe, I don't think the Canucks have the cap space to improve the team any further so we'd basically be relying on our young players to be the difference. 

This year, when we have injuries, we call up players who would have been on the team as regulars last year.

This alone is an improvement of great importance.

We are going to have more injuries for sure, but we are also going to get some key players back soon.

I don't really like the look of the team right now because last year's regulars are back in the lineup.

Once Goldie and Baer and Louie are sent back down and Ferk and Beegs, Rouss and Sutts are back, we will win more games.

Next year, the prospects will push from the bottom with new, better, and underpaid talent and we will be a "contendah".

I think we will make the playoffs and might even win the first round, especially if Tryamkin returns in time.

Next year we will be seriously good.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

70% of the players are the same as last year so when I see the same guys standing around not moving their feet just like year's past, yea I can make that comparison very easily. As I've already said, I'm starting to lose faith because a lot of the same problems are still around. I haven't stated that the team sucks and they are definitely better than last year due to the advancement of our young guys and Miller so maybe save the lecture for somebody who needs it Deb. Canucks are 5-6-3 in November which is an improvement actually. Unfortunately, a lot of the same problems are also present and haven't been improved on at all. Systems and lazy play being two big ones. 

Athletes are not lazy. The expectation that ever single shift they give 1000% or they are a lazy POS is so far off base.

• Upvote 1