The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils listening to offers on Taylor Hall

From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

7. The Taylor Hall trade talks have intensified, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at this time. 

“He’s trying,” another GM said of Shero. 

The Devils have made it clear they want first-rounders (although they are willing to discuss conditional situations, depending on the acquiring team’s ability to re-sign Hall or playoff results) and/or high-level prospects who are ready to play. They badly need defence, which is why there’s a lot of focus on Colorado as the perfect trade partner. The Avalanche have plenty of defensive prospects and think they can win. Several teams believe Arizona is making a serious effort. Hall is what they need, too. It’s believed Dallas and St. Louis are among other pursuers.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would anyone trade Boeser for Hall+?

I think Boeser is better (and younger), so NJ would have to add. Canucks are not going to get a player like Hall by trading Goldobin and Eriksson lol

If Hall will re-sign and take a bit of a discount, then probably.  

Hall is the player who can generate offense by himself.  Not saying Boeser can't, but he is more of a finisher than a driver.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:07 AM, Canucks Curse said:

1st+ Podkolzin+ Virtanen+OJ for Hall, if he signs, they get and additional 2nd in 2022

I would trade that package for Johnny hockey if the fLames are trading Johnny.

Miller-Petersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudreau

That would be a great top 6 that would score a lot of goals especially with Johnny hockey feeding Horvat and Pearson.

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 10:22 AM, Baer. said:

Which 1st? Canucks already traded one for Miller. Want to go two years with no first round pick?

Canucks still need to sign Pettersson and Hughes later on...

Canucks cannot afford Hall.

No first in two years but we get 2 players like Miller and Hall which are proven NHL stars. I think a 1st round pick if overrated if you think its worth more than Hall who is a former 1st overall pick and a Hart trophy winner. Besides, I think this team has reached a point where they can sacrifice a 1st for a game changer since we already have a great core group and need some additions to make us a cup contender. 

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would anyone trade Boeser for Hall+?

I think Boeser is better (and younger), so NJ would have to add. Canucks are not going to get a player like Hall by trading Goldobin and Eriksson lol

Why would we even do such a thing?

29 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

No first in two years but we get 2 players like Miller and Hall which are proven NHL stars. I think a 1st round pick if overrated if you think its worth more than Hall who is a former 1st overall pick and a Hart trophy winner. Besides, I think this team has reached a point where they can sacrifice a 1st for a game changer since we already have a great core group and need some additions to make us a cup contender. 

Yes but trading for hall means you have to re-sign him which probably won't happen. Canucks can't trade their first anyways because of the Miller condition. Doubt new Jersey would want a 2022 pick when teams are offering 2020 picks.

Not worth it for a rental imo even if it is hall who has 0 playoff experience anyways. the Canucks top-6 is fine.

Not to mention new Jersey would want more than a first.

NJ is going for another 1st overall pick or a high draft pick.  If they sell Hall on the potential of adding another top3 pick and perhaps taking a discount - then they MIGHT agree on a contract.   I cant see NJ, keeping too much players with a high cap hit; more than likely he will be traded but not at the price NJ is hoping for (just like what the Avs' got for Barrie and Kerfoot).  With the cap you cant keep and pay everybody and looking at capfriendly, it indicates that NJ does have the cap space but they are one of the clubs that if they are not winning then there is no support....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, Baer. said:

Yes but trading for hall means you have to re-sign him which probably won't happen. Canucks can't trade their first anyways because of the Miller condition. Doubt new Jersey would want a 2022 pick when teams are offering 2020 picks.

Not worth it for a rental imo even if it is hall who has 0 playoff experience anyways. the Canucks top-6 is fine.

Not to mention new Jersey would want more than a first.

They can trade their 1st by agreeing it's the one that Tampa doesn't get.

If the Canucks are interested they will have to best the package other teams are willing to give up and it's going to be significant.  

LeBrun:  “If Ray Shero decides to put him up for auction, the return would be massive,” one Eastern Conference team executive said Sunday.

5 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Agree 100%. Hall and Subban 2 of the biggest cancers in the league. No wonder they are struggling so much in NJ.

Shero has been doing his possible to extend Hall.  He is always praising him, his character and what he brings to the team - see again his comments about how Hall hasn't quit and is all in.  Hischier can't say enough good things about Hall and all that he has done for him.  See also McDavid's quotes posted earlier.

Subban was very much appreciated in Nashville.  Poile didn't want to trade him but it's a cap world and they had to make a change upfront.  

8 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

That first rounder isn't the only 1st rounder going it that proposed trade though. It also includes our 2016 1st rounder, our 2014 1st rounder and our 2019 first rounder. Lol. All for a guy that can walk July 1st. It'd be beyond idiotic to make that trade. 1st rounders are so overrated GMs aren't trading them like they used to? 1st round draft picks are getting more valuable over time, not less. Hall is not worth a 1st, Juolevi and Jake. Let alone throwing in Podkolzin who in my books will be better overall.

Guy had one truly great season 2 seasons ago. Even if he does re-sign, with his health he is asking for top dollar and 8 years. F that. Let some other team neuter their cap space for the guy that in all likelihood will miss 20+ games a season for us. In 2017-18 the New Jersey Devils had 32,000 miles traveled. The Canucks had 45000. New Jersey traveled 35000 miles last season, again Canucks had 45000. His body can't even handle the cushy New Jersey travel, I don't trust him to stay healthy here. Lol.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/30/2019 at 1:07 PM, Canucks Curse said:

1st+ Podkolzin+ Virtanen+OJ for Hall, if he signs, they get and additional 2nd in 2022

4 1sts for Hall?

NJD

1st

Podkolzin

Virtanen

Juolevi

Sutter

VAN

Hall

J. Hughes

Edited by Me_

6 hours ago, mll said:

They can trade their 1st by agreeing it's the one that Tampa doesn't get.

If the Canucks are interested they will have to best the package other teams are willing to give up and it's going to be significant.  

LeBrun:  “If Ray Shero decides to put him up for auction, the return would be massive,” one Eastern Conference team executive said Sunday.

The 1st pick to TB is a 2021 pick if the Canucks don’t make the playoffs. If they do make the playoffs, it’s a 2020 pick.

Thats the condition 

18 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I would trade that package for Johnny hockey if the fLames are trading Johnny.

Miller-Petersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudreau

That would be a great top 6 that would score a lot of goals especially with Johnny hockey feeding Horvat and Pearson.

You should probably stick to this instead of dreaming up real proposals 

1F199A04-1A6E-4D82-918F-8D9D17135677.jpeg

21 hours ago, mll said:

From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

7. The Taylor Hall trade talks have intensified, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at this time. 

“He’s trying,” another GM said of Shero. 

The Devils have made it clear they want first-rounders (although they are willing to discuss conditional situations, depending on the acquiring team’s ability to re-sign Hall or playoff results) and/or high-level prospects who are ready to play. They badly need defence, which is why there’s a lot of focus on Colorado as the perfect trade partner. The Avalanche have plenty of defensive prospects and think they can win. Several teams believe Arizona is making a serious effort. Hall is what they need, too. It’s believed Dallas and St. Louis are among other pursuers.

Dallas? I could see them parting with Klinger and a 1st to make this happen, but it would probably take more than that since DAL's pick will be somewhere around 20+. I could also see something like Lindell, Gurianov and 1st since they really want a dependable dman. Outside of Huggie Bear I do not think we have any dmen they would value and there is no way in hell we are trading him, although I am sure Jack is begging Shero to make it happen lol.