The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blowing third period leads

Rate this topic

ShawnAntoski

41 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

One thing stats guys always forget when painting a negative narrative... the other teams play... without context stats have little value.

Its also likely that the commenting or reporting on a team dropping, say, multiple 5 goal leads, leaves little room for context, unless you’re a real homer, in a fan forum.

No matter how you spin that one, nobody thinks dropping 5 goal leads is a good thing.

Context? Its the NHL, parity looks after most any context. Any coach will say the same, guaranteed. 

You’d need a whole lot of chewing gum to connect a perceived bias in reporting or in our forum’s posting concerning how often the Canucks surrender the first goal in a game as well. No narrative required. 

The prevalence here of Fantasy Island-like Canucks Talk and these fanatical mama bear defenders of the Canucks’ shortcomings, no matter the audience or source, is drama, drama, drama in here. Sometimes, it’s gets too much to read through, if I’m being honest. 

Blowing huge leads and an inability of the Canucks to score first are discussion topics which are read like bipolar absolutes in here right now. 

I’m aligned with IBatch’s take on these topics. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

You’re right Deb, I have no argument, only an opinion. 

IMO our forwards and D leave to big of a gap between them in the neutral zone, which allows the other teams to attack with speed.  That forces our D to back in too deep and the opponents can cross the ice (play east west) unopposed.  We need to tighten that gap, so there is always back pressure forcing the opponents to the side walls.  When we have the puck we need to get the puck behind the opponent's D, and into the corners.  Then forecheck hard, but never have a big gap between our high forward and our D.  We are not playing as a closely knit group of 5 for some reason.  

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO our forwards and D leave to big of a gap between them in the neutral zone, which allows the other teams to attack with speed.  That forces our D to back in too deep and the opponents can cross the ice (play east west) unopposed.  We need to tighten that gap, so there is always back pressure forcing the opponents to the side walls.  When we have the puck we need to get the puck behind the opponent's D, and into the corners.  Then forecheck hard, but never have a big gap between our high forward and our D.  We are not playing as a closely knit group of 5 for some reason.  

That gap is there for sure, Alf, and the Canucks D will continue to collapse right into their own net hoping to block the shot, which is another minor KPI of TG’s approach; many shots against and many attempted shot blocks. 

As others have noted, while defending a lead, the Canucks appear tentative and even awkward, unnatural might be a better word here, but it’s certainly nerve wracking for the fans, as seen in the GDT threads. 

I do like to see the 2-man forechecking though, it’s been years since the Canucks deployed it and JB has done well supplying his coach with players who fit that style. Let’s give JB credit there. He chose all of it for the team, including the style/coach. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I get the average age thing but what’s the average age of the players green is deploying to defend the lead because I don’t normally see out young guys out there during the end of games to protect leads, that’s why I think this average age thing is irrelevant 

Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow, that's my point.

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

That gap is there for sure, Alf, and the Canucks D will continue to collapse right into their own net hoping to block the shot, which is another minor KPI of TG’s approach; many shots against and many attempted shot blocks. 

I really hate this approach, mostly because I don't think blocking shots (all the time) is effective as it often creates dangerous deflections or causes injuries.  I wonder though, if the defence is quick and or strong enough to deal with a speedy opposition baring down on them.

As others have noted, while defending a lead, the Canucks appear tentative and even awkward, unnatural might be a better word here, but it’s certainly nerve wracking for the fans, as seen in the GDT threads. 

True.  I'm clinging onto the young team/inexperience and vets just returning from long rehabs and still rusty.:shock:

I do like to see the 2-man forechecking though, it’s been years since the Canucks deployed it and JB has done well supplying his coach with players who fit that style. Let’s give JB credit there. He chose all of it for the team, including the style/coach. 

Absolutely love the forechecking and the great toughness along the boards and speed to the net.  I'm looking forward to seeing the team healthy again and playing a more aggressive and confidant game. 

For the most part I like what JB has put together, and like you say, it is clearly his team.  He's done some oddball things along the way, but he usually manages to deal effectively with his mistakes.  He just seems to plug away and doesn't vary much from his goal(s).  Rookie mistakes aside, he's weathered the storm quite well.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I really hate this approach, mostly because I don't think blocking shots (all the time) is effective as it often creates dangerous deflections or causes injuries.  I wonder though, if the defence is quick and or strong enough to deal with a speedy opposition baring down on them.

True.  I'm clinging onto the young team/inexperience and vets just returning from long rehabs and still rusty.:shock:

Absolutely love the forechecking and the great toughness along the boards and speed to the net.  I'm looking forward to seeing the team healthy again and playing a more aggressive and confidant game. 

For the most part I like what JB has put together, and like you say, it is clearly his team.  He's done some oddball things along the way, but he usually manages to deal effectively with his mistakes.  He just seems to plug away and doesn't vary much from his goal(s).  Rookie mistakes aside, he's weathered the storm quite well.

As a product, this team is quite a revelation, both reminding us of what used to be in the past (rugged, hungry hockey) and teasing us today with false a hope that the team is a finished product (contenders vs still building) when it tops the past Cup champs then falls to the worst, over and over. 

This thread reminds me of an oldie but a goodie,  

Somewhere in middle 'merica 

A flock of ducks are arrested for swimming in a public fountain that clearly had a sign in plain english, that said 'no swimming, if caught swinging you will be arrested and fined up to 100 dollars!'

The arresting officer hauls them into city court later that very morning, He came in and looked at the judge who was already having a bad day.  

The judge was clearly irate from having to imprison all of the presidents men or babies, whatever is going on today in the 'Merica, cause where else would anyone care about keeping  ducks from swimming in  public fountains other than Trumps 'merica?  

He looks down from the bench and eyes up the flock of ducks quacking in front of him... 'State your name to the court' he barks pointing to the first duck

'Duck'  quacks the duck.  This duck, like his buddies was quaking in his feathers as he is afraid of the justice system in 'merica where unarmed ducks can be shot all the time by almost anyone, #ducklivesmatter.  

They weren't local and were only passing thru.  Damn these red states!

'How do you plead to the charge of public mischief and unlawful swimming!' Roars the judge who also loves to shot peaceful unarmed ducks who are otherwise minding their own business.  He also likes to shoot quail.. 

interesting side note, this judge was actually there the day Dick Chenney, then Vice President, shot his friend in the face on a Quail hunt with buck shot.

'If the VP of this great country 'merica, can get away with shooting his friend in the face with buckshot.'  Thought the judge to himself, 'And President Trump could get away with shooting a person on 5th Avenue, and that white guy Zimmerman could get away with shooting a kid coming home from the store with candy after stalking that kid for a mile or so in Florida.'

'Why can't he , a respected judge just get away with shooting these sitting ducks right in this court room?' He wondered to himself out loud as he yelled and screamed and otherwise had a terrible day meeting out justice.  #richwhitemenmatter'

'I was just blowing Bubbles in the fountain your honor'  Quacked the quaking duck.

'100 fine and the night in jail!' roared the judge and then he went to the next duck.  'And don't let me catch you here again... I love roasting ducks for supper!' Laughed to judge thinking to himself that he was getting hungry.

The little duck was taken away    

The Judge looked down at the next duck.  

'State your name to the court!' 

'Duck'

And the process repeated itself.  

This duck also claimed to, ' Just blowing Bubbles in the fountain.' 

'100 dollar find and the night in jail!'

The on the the next duck.  

'State your name for the court!'  

'Duck' etc... 

Finally after some time the last duck steps forward.  The poor judge was getting tired, was really hungry and had lost the harsh roar, he could only muster some cold disdain...  

'Man I could just murder a Peking Duck right now... haha, you no what I mean there ducky?'  

'Bailiff, is this the last damned duck sitting in front of me!'  

'Ere, yes your honor,' replied the bailiff.  

'Oh, thank God, I could really go for some roasted fowl right now, like Peking Duck!' Laughed the judge in a diabolical way.  

The bailiff laughed too, but secretly he hated this judge and sympathized more with people struggling to make an honest living.  Due to cut backs cause of Trumps tax cuts to the rich like the judge,  the bailiffs hours were cut and his medical benefits were reduced.  Their union was also scrapped so now everyone had to laugh at the judges jokes or maybe not have a job next week.  

The bailiff looked over at the little duck and sighed, it had been a long day, almost as long as this joke and nearly as bad... 

The judge turned back to the last sitting duck, 'So let me guess Duck, you were 'just blowing bubbles in the fountain like it would be some defence for failing to read the clearly displayed sign' 

The judge hadn't even given it a thought, that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, its clearly a duck and ducks can't read.  

Clearly this duck was poor and hadn't worked hard enough in the for profit school system in Trumps 'merica.  

'Well hurry up there ducky,v I got a lunch to get too and I and tired of you ducks swiming in the park fountain!'  

The duck just sat the quacking. 

'Well get on with it, state your name for the court!" Snapped the judge.

The duck stood himself up, looked around and took an audible sigh.

'Bubbles.'

Edited by Phat Fingers

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Someone used the Oilers as an example.  They had the best team and most talented team on paper all-time by a fair margin (MTL next up, then NYI).

Pretty sure that was our convo last week. 

And just to add, that same amazingly talented Oilers core also has one of the worst implosions, blown third period leads ever in playoff history. 

1982 Oilers against the Kings, game 3 with the series tied. The Oilers blew a 5-0 lead in the third, and then the game winner in OT. It was the biggest comeback in playoff history at the time. 

I'd say they learned big time from blowing that lead.

The next few years are history ...

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

As a product, this team is quite a revelation, both reminding us of what used to be in the past (rugged, hungry hockey) and teasing us today with false a hope that the team is a finished product (contenders vs still building) when it tops the past Cup champs then falls to the worst, over and over. 

On a larger scale, it seems like that is the way of the new NHL; salary caps, huge contracts, loser points, shootouts; all creating this situation called team parity.  So many teams manage to make it to 'contender' status, only to drop back down to the bulging bubble level; sometimes falling farther into the rebuild stage.  Some teams manage to stay relevant by brilliantly rebuilding 'on the fly,' but it is a rare situation.  Others dive into a rebuild and disappear in the standings cellar for years and years.   The huge bubble team group, with the idea that the fans' team has a chance to make the playoffs, keeps bums in seats and their team relevant.  I also think it's a tremendous disadvantage to be a (fans will always love us no-matter-what) Canadian team, but that's another discussion. 

Fortunately, teams can sometimes build a certain way and beat the odds.  Problem is, is that 'certain way' doesn't stay the same for very long.  Grand luck or brilliance gets you there, I guess.

In the mean time, we have a team that is a whole lot more fun to watch, which is fresh air to me.  I don't expect to see a contender anytime soon, but when they do, I hope some of that grand luck or brilliance comes our way.  It's long overdue. 

Funny that Squire Barns just did a segment that included Green's comments that really echo what some of us are trying to point out (to some deaf ears).  Thank God we have coaches who don't panic like some of the drama kings (we haven't given up 5 goal leads and we've scored first in 4 out of our last 6 games..do they even watch them?).

All teams will blow leads at times - mostly because the team in a hole will start playing differently.  More aggressively and loosely.  That it isn't a team just letting up but it's another team turning it up as well.  The team is still learning and isn't perfect...but some really exaggerate and don't provide any facts or supporting evidence.  Just spew a bunch of expertise saved up in their own heads but their numbers are off and I like accuracy.

This isn't just a Canuck thing, it's league wide.  There's more scoring and it's exciting.  Teams battle back.

But don't let that stop some from throwing the team some shade.  Because that's what they do, even if they have to make stuff up.

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:This fan-ride is one of the best I’ve been on as a Canucks fan. 

Maybe because I appreciate it more now that I understand things better? 

The 92-94 years felt great too, as did that 01-03 stretch, but this team is my favourite. Once they iron out the kinks, via a few trades I’m sure, look the F out. Finally, a roster built for playoff hockey. What’s not to like? 

Blowing massive leads and not scoring first does remind me of the early 2000’s Canucks though. 

Amen.   It's already my favourite team since the early 90's team too.   I liked the WCE and Sedin teams too but never thought we'd win a cup with Cloutier in net and thought we had a great chance at a cup with the Sedins but didn't.   

This team is just getting started.   Was on the fence with JB until his picks started working out and the past two years his pro scouting had really improved too.  So I'm all aboard the train no matter where it's headed - and for the first time in a decade I've got that little tickle/spidey sense that we are already witnessing history and great things are coming.   

The Cap is probably the biggest barrier to overcome next - but I'm certain we will and having 9 million in reserve for after everyone is locked up will be awfully handy when it comes to tweaking things in 2.6 years...

Even guys like Schaller and Leivo are doing their part.  Roussel is great - so is Miller - AG, JVs improving yet again (slowly but surely with him) ... there is npbdoy I don't like on our current roster.   Only time I felt like that was in the Linden years - the best me and my mates could do was complain about guys like Plavsic...

Myers and Benn bring experience and physical play - Hughes is literally exploding onto the scene.   If Makar played last year he'd have given EP a run for his money but lost (a year of development helped him) - and Q Hughes would be the clear front runner.   We never had a guy like him ever.   Best we could do in the Linden years was Lidster, Lumme and a short stint with Brown.    Jovo is arguably the second best defenseman to ever play for us (now that Hughes is here) but he wasnt quite there yet when he played for us.    Hughes is going to be up in the rafters, same with EP, possibly one or two other guys as well.   

Haven't been this excited to watch them play in almost a decade...I'd compare it to the year we got Luongo - I declared we can win a cup at that time and we sure came close.   Or when Bure arrived and McLean was still in that time frame of being a Vezina  finalist.   

Miller Miller Miller.  What a player.  And I haven't even really mentioned EP...a guy that got votes to win the Art Ross and Hart trophy as a sophomore before the year started. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 6:21 AM, debluvscanucks said:

1.  Two.  That's hardly an issue.  Playing pretty gets you no extra points...it's just a wow factor.  Playing ugly is often referred to as "grinding out a win".  Those ugly wins count for two points despite them not meeting fans' standards of being perfect enough.  Points.  That's the overall gauge of "good" and "bad" in this deal.  If you've played good enough to win, you were good (enough).

2.  "The top of your head" supplied recollection of one game.  That isn't reason for worry unless you can "think of" more examples.  If not, that's your clue.

3.  It is blowing it out of proportion and people here using actual facts and figures are supplying the support in that argument.  It doesn't matter if we were outplayed - the result is the only thing that matters.  Both in league standings and in how a cup is awarded.  Win the game and it's all just meaningless of how you got there.  People jumping to playoffs....you just have to get there then see what unfolds.  Sure, games have to be amped up but this team has shown the capability to do so...it's not like it isn't there.  

I challenge people to find a team that's played perfectly every period all year long.  I doubt there are any.

I agree playing pretty gets you no point. But it's the change in playstyle in the 3rd period whenever we have a lead is concerning relying on your goalie to stand on their head to bail you out while u are dumping the puck right out and let them come at u over and over again. Are the Canucks a good enough defensive team to just shut it down and defend? Their bread and butter is still offensive hockey. Why change style when what u were doing the previous periods was working for you? As for the top of my head well I'm just going with game that we didnt blow a lead and that one stood out just coz rangers were a bad team. Let's just say there wasn't another game that they were badly outplayed in the 3rd.. that's still 5 of 12.. no team is perfect yes, but how many teams out there.. good/decent teams.. not the bottom feeders are getting thoroughly outplayed in almost 50% of the games they are in leading after 2?

• Cheers 1

Its also likely that the commenting or reporting on a team dropping, say, multiple 5 goal leads, leaves little room for context, unless you’re a real homer, in a fan forum.

No matter how you spin that one, nobody thinks dropping 5 goal leads is a good thing.  (We have not, not once this year .  Fact)

Context?

The prevalence here of Fantasy Island-like Canucks Talk and these fanatical mama bear defenders of the Canucks’ shortcomings, no matter the audience or source, is drama, drama, drama in here. Sometimes, it’s gets too much to read through, if I’m being honest. 

Blowing huge leads ......

Some here simply cite their observations but I like facts, not fabrications.  And it sticks with the team if people generate momentum in a negative way so it's this homer's job to set the record straight before this stuff sticks like dirty gum on my nice shoes.

The first item on the agenda is:  we don't score first.  We don't (always).   11/30 times to date truth be told.  Who cares?  The slow starts HAVE been addressed recently and that's what matters.  You don't get two points for scoring first, you get two points for scoring the most.  And we're at +12 (8th in the league) for goal differential.  I think (I have to go check again because I'm tired.  Mostly of this subject). 

As for the MULTIPLE HUGE blown leads drama (in red).....not even close to being accurate or factual.  Not once did we have a lead of 5 that we blew.  Here are the facts on a game by game basis:

Oct. 2/19:  No big blown lead here...2-1 score.  

Oct. 5/19:  Nope.  We lost 3-0 but we never scored so that isn't a blown lead either.  Just a bad game.

Oct. 9/19:  We won 8-2.  So a big no to blown lead.  Just a blown theory?

Oct. 12/19:  Another back/forth and we won 3-2.  So no (big bad blown lead). 

Oct. 15/19:  Nope.  Detroit scored first but it mattered little because we answered with 4 unanswered goals for the win.

Oct. 17/19:  A 1-0 loss.  Nothing to see here.

Oct. 19/19:  1-0 loss...no big gaping leads to see here.

Oct. 20/19:  Nope...a win.  3-2

Oct. 22/19:  We rallied from a 0-2 deficit fo score 5 GOALS IN THE THIRD.  Big blown lead...just the wrong team.  

Oct. 25/19:  Caps...Yes.  We did blow a 4 goal lead.  There's one.  They are the Caps after all.  They're tough.

Oct. 28/19:  7-2 win.  Scored 5-1-1 over the 3 periods and shut down our opponents in the 3rd.  Big fat no to the "we blow big leads" on this one.

Oct. 30/19:  Nope.  We scored 2-1-2 / Kings scored 1-1-1  Win.  No blown leads to see her folks.

Nov. 1/19:  Nope.  We actually scored late in the 3 to tie the game and send it to OT

Nov. 2/19:  Nope.  Won this one 5-2 (scored 2-2-1 by period)

Nov. 5/19: We were behind but tied it up in the 3rd.  Nope.

Nov. 7/19:  Slow start...yep.  We were behind 0-2 after the first.  Lost.  Hate Chicago.

Nov. 8/19:  No huge blown lead...just a regular old loss 4-1.  They happen.  

Nov. 10/19:  Nope...a 2-1 loss with no one blowing out anyone as is told on Fantasy Island.

Nov. 12/19:  Nope...the opposite...we rallied and scored 4 in the 3rd to seal the deal.  Woohoo!

Nov. 14/19:  Down 0-2 we rallied back but still lost

Nov. 16/19:  Av's.  we rallied in the 3rd to tie it (2 goals) but lost in OT.  They almost blew a lead and they are the bestest ever.  So?

Nov. 19/19:  We got spanked.  Whatever.  Add the Stars to the lump of coal list.

Nov. 21/19:  We win 6-3.  Scored 2-3-1/period.  I'm failing to see this homer vision .... hmmm, seems more a realistic take on things by this point.

Nov. 23/19:  Caps.  SO win 2-1. We're more awesome than I thought...glad I invested time on this.   Suckers.

Nov. 25/19:  2-1 loss.  Can't really say that's blowing a huge lead now, can we?

Nov. 27/19:  Pens.  We gave up 5 in a row although we never had a 5 goal lead..  We had a 3 goal lead at one point.  Versus Malkin and Letang and those beasts.

Nov. 30/19: Nope.  We win, 5-2.  2-2-1 per period...we shut them down in the 3rd.

Dec. 1/19:  Damn those oilers beat us 3-2.  They scored one more than us.  

Dec. 3/19:  Sens 5-2 win FOR BURR!!  4-0-1 we are awesome.  We scored first and last.  

Dec. 7/19:  We win again!   We scored in the 3rd just like them.  No huge lead blown.  

One time they let the other team storm back with 5 goals but we never had a 5 goal lead.  3 goals.

I put the huge leads that we blew in red because some have trouble seeing things.   Now please stop trashing my team with fake news because it's irritating.

Signed Homer Deb.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Some here simply cite their observations but I like facts, not fabrications.  And it sticks with the team if people generate momentum in a negative way so it's this homer's job to set the record straight before this stuff sticks like dirty gum on my nice shoes.

The first item on the agenda is:  we don't score first.  We don't (always).   11/30 times to date truth be told.  Who cares?  The slow starts HAVE been addressed recently and that's what matters.  You don't get two points for scoring first, you get two points for scoring the most.  And we're at +12 (8th in the league) for goal differential.  I think (I have to go check again because I'm tired.  Mostly of this subject). 

As for the MULTIPLE HUGE blown leads drama (in red).....not even close to being accurate or factual.  Not once did we have a lead of 5 that we blew.  Here are the facts on a game by game basis:

Oct. 2/19:  No big blown lead here...2-1 score.  

Oct. 5/19:  Nope.  We lost 3-0 but we never scored so that isn't a blown lead either.  Just a bad game.

Oct. 9/19:  We won 8-2.  So a big no to blown lead.  Just a blown theory?

Oct. 12/19:  Another back/forth and we won 3-2.  So no (big bad blown lead). 

Oct. 15/19:  Nope.  Detroit scored first but it mattered little because we answered with 4 unanswered goals for the win.

Oct. 17/19:  A 1-0 loss.  Nothing to see here.

Oct. 19/19:  1-0 loss...no big gaping leads to see here.

Oct. 20/19:  Nope...a win.  3-2

Oct. 22/19:  We rallied from a 0-2 deficit fo score 5 GOALS IN THE THIRD.  Big blown lead...just the wrong team.  

Oct. 25/19:  Caps...Yes.  We did blow a 4 goal lead.  There's one.  They are the Caps after all.  They're tough.

Oct. 28/19:  7-2 win.  Scored 5-1-1 over the 3 periods and shut down our opponents in the 3rd.  Big fat no to the "we blow big leads" on this one.

Oct. 30/19:  Nope.  We scored 2-1-2 / Kings scored 1-1-1  Win.  No blown leads to see her folks.

Nov. 1/19:  Nope.  We actually scored late in the 3 to tie the game and send it to OT

Nov. 2/19:  Nope.  Won this one 5-2 (scored 2-2-1 by period)

Nov. 5/19: We were behind but tied it up in the 3rd.  Nope.

Nov. 7/19:  Slow start...yep.  We were behind 0-2 after the first.  Lost.  Hate Chicago.

Nov. 8/19:  No huge blown lead...just a regular old loss 4-1.  They happen.  

Nov. 10/19:  Nope...a 2-1 loss with no one blowing out anyone as is told on Fantasy Island.

Nov. 12/19:  Nope...the opposite...we rallied and scored 4 in the 3rd to seal the deal.  Woohoo!

Nov. 14/19:  Down 0-2 we rallied back but still lost

Nov. 16/19:  Av's.  we rallied in the 3rd to tie it (2 goals) but lost in OT.  They almost blew a lead and they are the bestest ever.  So?

Nov. 19/19:  We got spanked.  Whatever.  Add the Stars to the lump of coal list.

Nov. 21/19:  We win 6-3.  Scored 2-3-1/period.  I'm failing to see this homer vision .... hmmm, seems more a realistic take on things by this point.

Nov. 23/19:  Caps.  SO win 2-1. We're more awesome than I thought...glad I invested time on this.   Suckers.

Nov. 25/19:  2-1 loss.  Can't really say that's blowing a huge lead now, can we?

Nov. 27/19:  Pens.  We gave up 5 in a row although we never had a 5 goal lead..  We had a 3 goal lead at one point.  Versus Malkin and Letang and those beasts.

Nov. 30/19: Nope.  We win, 5-2.  2-2-1 per period...we shut them down in the 3rd.

Dec. 1/19:  Damn those oilers beat us 3-2.  They scored one more than us.  

Dec. 3/19:  Sens 5-2 win FOR BURR!!  4-0-1 we are awesome.  We scored first and last.  

Dec. 7/19:  We win again!   We scored in the 3rd just like them.  No huge lead blown.  

One time they let the other team storm back with 5 goals but we never had a 5 goal lead.  3 goals.

I put the huge leads that we blew in red because some have trouble seeing things.   Now please stop trashing my team with fake news because it's irritating.

Signed Homer Deb.

You got me, Deb. 

3 goal leads... not 5, or 4. 

I stand corrected then. No protest. 

“The Canucks have blown multiple 3 goal leads.”

My revised post. 

• Cheers 1

You got me, Deb. 

3 goal leads... not 5, or 4. 

I stand corrected then. No protest. 

“The Canucks have blown multiple 3 goal leads.”

My revised post. 

Still wrong, but you're heading in the right direction at least.  :)

• Cheers 1