The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

It’s true we just ain’t good enough quite yet. Still some hope to string some wins together. And at the end of the day you just know VEGAS is going to win the division 

Win or lose it’s about having consistent efforts.

I don’t think anyone thought we would be challenging for the division, but at the bare minimum we should be looking at a hard working young team. Green clearly doesn’t have everyone on the same page.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

All our best players are very young and have a lot to learn. To think that this club would automatically become a playoff team because of a few auditions is naive.  That is why they protected their first this year.

Our D still has some big holes. When Edler goes down it hurts. 

Hughes and Myers look good. Hughes is going to be a star in this league. Petey is still getting pushed off the puck too much. He will get stronger and a bit quicker. Star in the making. Fans should be excited about the long term. 

This would be a good year to win the lottery. You never know.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think anyone thought we would be challenging for the division, but at the bare minimum we should be looking at a hard working young team. Green clearly doesn’t have everyone on the same page.

You don't know Green doesn't have everyone on the same page at all. 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Couldnt solve the big bodies of VGK. 

Motte can't be the one throwing all the hits. 

Saw some Nux who played fearful tonight.

You're bang on, Canucks were scared to play physical against the Knights.  

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

"We're a young team and I thought we had a good third. They're a tough team who plays fast hockey and they're tough to deal with." - Green

OK Green, you're wearing out "we're a young team" after losses and breakdowns.

Getting sick of that reasoning when Benn, Myers, Horvat , Pearson have poor nights.

Good night for Boeser, Jake, and Petey overall, and great experience for MD 

• Upvote 2

Whatever the issue is needs to be sorted out now before things get really ugly. Whether it's coaches, players, GM. It's time to dig into this sh*t. There's a lot of people who need to look in the mirror right now, management and players alike.

It would be one thing if the team was just bad, this isn't that. This is about effort level. When the team no shows for parts or most of nearly every single game changes need to be made.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not impatient with Green. Not calling for him to be let go 

But....

If things don't change soon I see Peter DeBoer replacing Green soon.. JB might not do it right now because Xmas is in 10 days.. but he won't wait much longer of team keeps losing ....

If team doesn't go on a good run and get back into playoff contention Green will be gone..

Peter DeBoer will come in. He expressed to the media that if right situation presented itself he'd take a job this season.. I can't see him turning down this Canucks team. Good mix of young high end talent and veterans.

Would we have to give up a pick though if we wanted to hire him?

Just now, DeNiro said:

No but what I’m saying is it’s not surprising they lost to Vegas. When I hear a team like that has only won 2 in a row at home once this year you know they are gonna come at you hard and chance are it’s gonna be time for them to start rolling again.

We can sit back and blame Green after every loss but the reality is this a borderline playoff team no matter who’s coaching 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

You don't know Green doesn't have everyone on the same page at all. 

All you have to do is watch them play.

Either there’s no system and they’re all just floating around out there, or there is a system and none of them are able or willing to play it.