The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, brownky said:

I think at this point there's no more pressure on him really. The contract sucks, but it's kind of read at this point so anything he does is just a bonus.

And there's a certain freeing feeling to just 'go play hockey' rather than try so hard to live up to expectations. The mental pressure, ignoring the rest. These guys all have pride, and nobody is more aware of how it is than he is.

So if he's got the gorilla off his back and just plays, that's a great start.

Yeah, he's given up on being a scorer and when it comes down to it, he's a really good defensive forward.  Not his fault that Jim Benning gave him 6 mil/year. 

6 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Motte makes the 4th more effective than Loui ever could Loui isn't built for that role, he's a pretty effective third line guy, definitely not  worth 6 m, but he's still an NHL player 

A lot of people will argue with you but he has been playing well lately.  He's good on the pk, defensively and manages the puck pretty well. 

I used to say that about Higgins :lol:

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

I think at this point there's no more pressure on him really. The contract sucks, but it's kind of read at this point so anything he does is just a bonus.

And there's a certain freeing feeling to just 'go play hockey' rather than try so hard to live up to expectations. The mental pressure, ignoring the rest. These guys all have pride, and nobody is more aware of how it is than he is.

So if he's got the gorilla off his back and just plays, that's a great start.

I'm happy for him, the contract is what it is but if he can continue to play solid defensive hockey and contribute other ways that's fine 

We could always have Lucic

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 1