The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ GDT] Canucks @ Lightning, January 7, 2020 - 4:00 PM PST -- Streak vs Streak Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Can somebody please explain the idea behind their defensive strategy. This “box” style defence does not work. They are standing around while Tampa cycles and finds ways to score. It really frustrates me seeing tampa switch out and move the puck effortlessly as we just “wait” for a loose puck.

On the other end, Tampa stays aggressive and gives us little time to generate anything.

I think this could be the reason why our offence 5v5 has dried up since we’re playing defence most of the time and get no chance to play in the Ozone.

Somebody with a better hockey mind PLEASE explain the strategy and benefits behind this defensive formation.

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Jake and Schaller need to throw some hits. Game is over. Let’s give it to em and not get pushed around by the likes of Sergachev and Paquette. 

Supposedly you’re supposed to make them pay on the scoreboard or some BS like that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

A couple of days ago Green was nearly head coach of the all star team and all of a sudden he’s a trash coach again.

Maybe it’s our players fault on this one…

They’re sucking wind for sure, Edler and Myers have been trash tonight. Green needs some new assistants. That’s the issue. Especially a new defense coach. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I know. Hence why I said without... He's the only player on the team what will play nasty.

Ferlands not the answer. Beagle, Myers, Rooster, Virtanen need to play mean. We have plenty of big bodies on the team 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, is everyone still Green's best friend, or has it turned?

I am not playing the blame game,  the Canucks could not win every game til the end of the season and sometimes something like this will actually help the team get better