The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Two things stick out for me. In the defensive end when there is open puck, the Canucks are often beaten to it because of the first two or three strides. Too many take long strides, while the opposition is taking short, choppy strides and getting there quicker. Thus we lose many puck battles in our defensive end. Secondly, I hope that do a major video analysis on defense against a defensive zone faceoff. They were terrible on that tonight, and haven't been great all year at it.  And one other thing, over the past few years, sometimes the defense gets to running around like, what we would call in the 1960's, a Ch____e Fire Drill. As soob as that starts to happen, you know they are going to get scored upon.  Let the bad game go, learn from it, and move on. Just remember that in the Stanley Cup finals in ___ years. (Fill in the blank).

16 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Just my opinion, based on my observation.  You can disagree and I am still hoping for a playoff berth; good thing, there is still alot of games left to fix any issues.

I hear you but it one thing to be outshot and it’s another to be constantly under d zone pressure and give up prime scoring chances 

that’s just not sustainable 

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

So there's really no need to be collectively alarmist.

Yah, that is why I am more interested, at how they (both coaches and players) next game.  If Iam Markie, I will ask to be put in - earn that contract and All star selection.  It seems, JB is daring both Markie and JV to show him that they are going to be worthy of there upcoming contracts.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So there's really no need to be collectively alarmist.

I agree. I think us fans are just embarrassed and disappointed. A lot of eyes on our team tonight and well, you know. Hopefully they come back next game pissed off and ready to play.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I hear you but it one thing to be outshot and it’s another to be constantly under d zone pressure and give up prime scoring chances 

that’s just not sustainable 

I agree, that is why I am very interested at how they (both coaches and players) will respond against the Panthers - pro sports is about adjsutments.   Glad it was blowout, that ended the streak rather than a squeaker.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1