The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

One of Eddys worst games this year. 

When he is that bad, the whole team suffers.   Thankfully, it was seldom this season but oh boy, it did showed tonight.   Had he not made that suicide pass, penalties, maybe the game might be a bit different and more focus and would not have been 9-2.    I have no confidence in Green's system despite recent winning streak.   I give him a few more games.   Tbh, I was expecting a close loss, maybe one goal loss of any kind, but not loss like this.  This is the system that can be exposed if playing against Lightnings or Pens, maybe even Bruins next month.  You can't expect really Marky to bail us out every time.   Also, I do not get it why Green doesn't throw out Hughes every time Peterson line is out there.   If you want to play Hughes more ice time, throw out Petterson line against teams' top line.   If you want to roll every D, then just throw out Hughes every time Peterson is on the ice.  Also, what's more, I am  baffled with coach inability to recognize Hughes sneaking in the O-zone and instruct players to look out for him.  I recall the play, Gaudette handling the puck and ready to shoot but Hughes is ready to sneak and get ahead and he didn't even recognize the plays.  That was a low percent shot.  I think it happened in the first period as an example.  

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

9-2 is a challenge a 6x4 sheet of plywood would have difficulty with 

Just my opinion, based on my observation.  You can disagree and I am still hoping for a playoff berth; good thing, there is still alot of games left to fix any issues.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"You could really tell how down the guys were after the 2nd period... We lose a couple faceoffs, they score. We turn a couple pucks over, they score. A team like that, they're going to make you pay when you make mistakes and they did." - Green

What have you done Green? What.. have... you... done?!?

• Haha 4

With all the focus Petey gets on PP1, time to give Brock an opportunity to let go of some shots from his sweet spot on the opposite side. Or perhaps move him to the 2nd unit, swap him with Jake?? Just a waste to see a guy like that not unleash his shot enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So far its only a one game losing streak.  No need to budge. It was a long travel to start the road trip. They are allowed to have a bad game.

Give credit to Tampa Bay as well. Listening to the Lightening broadcast, they commented it was the best game they've seen the forward unit playing in all season.

The test is now how well they are prepared for Florida.

Every year its the same thing with Markstrom. Overplaying him when you have a competent back up. The coach as usual, waits until it catches up to him, instead of managing his starts no matter what, even if he's winning. Not that the team didn't help tee up a barrage for him to hold off. Not blaming him for this loss.

I don't know if starting Demko would have helped, Maybe travel like that wouldn't effect a younger body as much.  But don't wait for fatigue, manage Marky more for sure now in the second half, if we expect to use his services, dialed up to 11, in the post season.

Travel??? 3 timezones and 3 days to climatize. Team just didn’t show up tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Its not like we lost to the worst team in the league . Jesus, had a great first period. Tampa's   been a Cup team for the past 3-4 years playing with the same core players. A couple of the D should be ashamed in how they played tonight which i believed turned this game into the crap show it ended up being. Take it out on the panthers, start a new  winning streak.

• Upvote 2