The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

44 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Every year its the same thing with Markstrom. Overplaying him when you have a competent back up. The coach as usual, waits until it catches up to him, instead of managing his starts no matter what, even if he's winning. Not that the team didn't help tee up a barrage for him to hold off. Not blaming him for this loss.

I don't know if starting Demko would have helped, Maybe travel like that wouldn't effect a younger body as much.  But don't wait for fatigue, manage Marky more for sure now in the second half, if we expect to use his services, dialed up to 11, in the post season.

Given all the breaks Markstrom has had, including Christmas and that Demko played recently in the back to back, I hardly think he is overtired from playing too much.  Yes, there was a stretch when Demko was injured that Marky played a lot, but he's had quite a bit of rest since then.  

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It too bad that all those posters who were complaining about trolling couldn’t enjoy this awesome PGT. The GIF power is strong tonight. Too bad the Canucks blew. 

Yep. The amusing GIFs are making this disaster game anger fade.

You guys rock.

(those of you who aren’t trolling and saying Fire Green, Bench Marky, Burn it all down, yada yada yada)

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Yep. The amusing GIFs are making this disaster game anger fade.

You guys rock.

(those of you who aren’t trolling and saying Fire Green, Bench Marky, Burn it all down, yada yada yada)

Just a matter of time or perhaps most are just waiting on how they will respond (or not) against the Panthers.  Even if they flop, there are still 38 games left - not yet time to panic.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

39 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Ffs mind your own business Vegas. They are really climbing up my hate list. 

Same, the spoiled Vegas fans, really have no clue what it means to be a fan - YET!  Very interested, at how that market will be like when they are rebuilding (I wonder if Bettman, will be handing them out any 1st overalls to appease a flakey fan base ?).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

First loss in 2020 is a gaping defeat. However it’s best to take this L as a wake up call. People need to give Marky a break as he has been one of the reasons that we won 7 straight. Goalies are allowed to have bad games just as much as other players on our team do. Jacob will be fine and we will bounce back from this atrocious display. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, skategal said:

Given all the breaks Markstrom has had, including Christmas and that Demko played recently in the back to back, I hardly think he is overtired from playing too much.  Yes, there was a stretch when Demko was injured that Marky played a lot, but he's had quite a bit of rest since then.  

Good points, time for Markie to earn that contract or not!  Iam still somewhat skeptical, that his improvement in play is sustainable cause I can still remember his earlier years as a Canuck - the improvement is very sudden (seems abnormal and if so unsustainable), hopefully, he proves me wrong after he signs that contract and if he takes a hometown discount while maintaining his current play then that is very worthy of the Ring of Honor !  Time for Markie (to a certain extent, JV) to show us fans who he really is as a player and cement that legacy or not.