Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn/Fantenberg-Stecher

I like the changes. Benn needs another shot. Virtanen is a solid choice to play with Petterson and Miller. Boeser needs to start shooting again, and playing with Gaudette will help, I think.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn/Fantenberg-Stecher

Boeser and Petey work pretty well 5 on 5. I’d probably split them up on the PP and give Boeser more chances to rip those one-timers. Boeser on PP2, Virtanen on PP1. 

Hope Benn doesn’t slot in for Fantenberg, because Oscar has been better than Edler, Myers and Stecher recently imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Boeser and Petey work pretty well 5 on 5. I’d probably split them up on the PP and give Boeser more chances to rip those one-timers. Boeser on PP2, Virtanen on PP1. 

Hope Benn doesn’t slot in for Fantenberg, because Oscar has been better than Edler, Myers and Stecher recently imo.

so Green demotes Boeser to the 3rd line , when all the players including Jake had a bad game?  I am not liking Boeser on the 2nd PP.  come on , why Boeser, at least he got a point and helped Petey score last night. Miller did nothing along with the rest of the crew.

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I like the changes. Benn needs another shot. Virtanen is a solid choice to play with Petterson and Miller. Boeser needs to start shooting again, and playing with Gaudette will help, I think.

I don't like it at all. what did Jake do last night that Boeser didn't? Boeser had the lone helper on Petey's goal . 

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Edler was directly responsible for at least 5 of those goals ...either by taking a penalty or by giving away pizza's....Myers gave one of those up as well.

That was a big regression on Edler's part and the main reason we lost....not the goalies.

While he was having a good season, it is stuff like this were he starts screwing up and it just gets worse as the game goes on.

I can't wait until we get Joulevi and Rathbone or Rafferty up and play Edler as a #5 ...

Juolevi / Hughes

Myers /  Rafferty or Rathbone

Edler / Stecher

That is how it should look by sometime next year.... 

I'm hoping Tryamkin is in that mix.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Edler was directly responsible for at least 5 of those goals ...either by taking a penalty or by giving away pizza's....Myers gave one of those up as well.

That was a big regression on Edler's part and the main reason we lost....not the goalies.

While he was having a good season, it is stuff like this were he starts screwing up and it just gets worse as the game goes on.

I can't wait until we get Joulevi and Rathbone or Rafferty up and play Edler as a #5 ...

Juolevi / Hughes

Myers /  Rafferty or Rathbone

Edler / Stecher

That is how it should look by sometime next year.... 

I'm not sure how you count because Edler was only on the ice on 3 of their goals including the last when they were 3 against 5(so don't count that one...) and Tampa only scored one PP goal. I can only see 3 possible goals due to Edler. 

1-2 First, Edler made a pass in the middle. But, how many times do we loose the puck in similar style? It's only when it leads to a goal people remember. 

2-2  I saw Schaller get stuck on a faceoff leading to Stamkos PP goal.   3-2  Myers couldn't control the puck and Marky didn't have his pads down due to having mobility. Funny thing here is that the commentator say it was Edler wich clearly was wrong. 

4-2 Boeser couldn't clear the puck. 

5-2 Then one more lost faceoff and a post, bounce on Marky. Pure unluck...  6-2 Then lots of bodies in Markys sight so he didn't see nothing. 

7-2, not much to say... 

8-2 did Edler miss to clear the puck and may got a bit passive. But here I need to know what kind of defence play they have. If he's ordered to stay in a certain position it wasn't on him either. 

Then, why is so many talking about Marky having a bad game? 

A bit unlucky, nothing more. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Don't think so. The PGT was thankfully not inundated with that and had a s-load of gifs instead.

Color me surprised. CDC acting like adults after that kind of beatdown? (and it was a Rodney King style beatdown)

Will wonders never cease? :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Color me surprised. CDC acting like adults after that kind of beatdown? (and it was a Rodney King style beatdown)

Will wonders never cease? :)

Well, I personally attribute it to being a beatdown after winning 7 straight, coupled with the fact that this is a young team that will encounter this along their way. If they come out flat against Florida and lose similarly, the PGT might get uglier. I'll do my best to maintain composure and flood it with gifs.

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I don't like it at all. what did Jake do last night that Boeser didn't? Boeser had the lone helper on Petey's goal . 

Well, if it makes you feel any better, think of it a Gaudette and Roussel were promoted to the first line with Boeser.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 2

I noticed before the multiple goals in a row when the game was put out of reach that the boys just seemed tired. Like they hadn't gotten enough sleep or something. Weird mental lapses or picking up on things late that comes with not getting enough sleep. 

These things happen. They played a bad game against probably the best team in the league. On to the next one.

Last night.....felt like a flash back, the lightening remind me of how the Canucks use to be.....

skill  and speed. 

Also lightening fans just like Canucks fans know about not winning in the playoffs( not chirping just pointing out we use to be the lightening)

last night I wasn't even sure I was watching a Canuck game , they tried to play the lightening game and lost....

Bright side is this young team reminds me of the young Hawks teams, we arnt built to play just a skill game , we are getting built to be a monster 200 ft team and mean( some what when the guys want to be, I still think a reeves or Anderson would push us even further) 

this team isnt built to win the president trophy , it's get built to bring the cup back to Van.

just takes time...also might add like the Hawks , if we get into the playoffs , we could pull off an up set.  :towel:

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PP units in practice:

Gaudette-Horvat-Miller
Hughes-Pettersson

Pearson-Boeser-Roussel
Virtanen-Myers

Smart, Brock's done squat since he was moved to his low spot on pp1.

Gaudette is more dangerous with his quick hands in close from the low spot.

Brock can go back to the half wall on the other unit.

A strong 2nd unit makes the 1st better, and being able to toss out either, keeps the other team guessing.

One of my biggest critiques of Green, is that he is far too predictable.

Other coaches, the real good ones, would pull this change off in real time, in game, so that it throws off the plans of the PK.

The ability, or inability to adjust in real time, and no, this does not include the line blender, is what separates the wheat from the chaff at the NHL level in coaching.

As we saw last night, any team that is able to stick handle absolutely owns this team's collapse system.

It's actually embarrassing to watch as a fan.

It's an effective system, sometimes, against the right opponents.

It is this inability to, or stubbornness not to change things up that will be Green's undoing in his tenure on this team.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1