The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Yotes @ Nucks - Jan 16 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, iBlueGreen said:

I think he could help the Canucks, maybe sit Stecher for 2 or 3 games and see what he can do.

Something tells me we will see him without sitting anyone. Defence has been suspiciously healthy so far.

3 hours ago, Silent Man said:

This is a must win game for Canucks. Unfortunately, Canuck's record for the first home game after a road trip is not very good this season:

2 wins, 2 OTL, 1 SO loss and 2 loses.

50% points.

Time to get better, but I think it is a natural thing- to have less energy for the first home game . It is interesting to see this statistic for other teams.

I’d like to see the comparison of east coast teams and west coast teams for that matter 

Everyone knows the importance of this game from both sides. These are playoff-like games and hopefully we have enough character in our locker-room to come out on top, especially after being shutout. We're a young team and confidence is a huge part of their success, so if we can get an early goal we should carry on well, whereas if we can't score in the first half of the game I'm sure they'll get in their own heads a bit.

Need a big game from our top line, I expect Miller and Horvat to really shine in this matchup.

4-3 Canucks

8 hours ago, iBlueGreen said:

Would love to pick up Gallant as an assistant coach!

Only way that happens is no other team wants him as a head coach. But I don't believe in this "it's performance based" answer. 

It's not like they are a sub-500 team. I'd be wary on why two teams just dump him mid-season. 

• Cheers 1