The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Baertschi + Woo for Simmonds?

Or 

Woo + Roussel for Miles Wood?

I would love to get rid of Baertschi's contract but not at the expense of Woo. He's a gamer and we don't have anyone else like him in our system.

Miles Wood would be nice, but is he that much of an improvement on Roussel that he would be worth giving but Woo for? Not for me. 

Prospects I'd consider trading:

Lockwood

Palmu

Perron

Brisebois

Gadjovich

Utunen

Teves

Jasek

McDonough

Chatfield

Focht

Karlsson

Sautner

Malone

Tryamkin

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

If they wanted Woo back in the return I would honestly make them take back Eriksson.

I agree, Benning wouldn't dangle some of those names for a rental unless we're dumping a contract with term.

Woo + Bear + Sutter for Simmonds

Or Woo + Eriksson 

I wonder if we used a prospect to get a guy like wood who has another year on his contract, if we could flip him at the draft for a pick. The contracts we want to move we aren’t getting anything for. If a heavy team takes the cup again maybe we can turn a prospect into wood then turn him into a 2020 pick.

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I almost have Woo in the Hog and Pod category of prospect. Mostly cause he's our only good defensive prospect on the right side. He is physical, and has that intensity. It's obvious he takes the WJ snubs to heart. Like that about him. I wouldn't trade him and Eriksson for Simmonds. Honestly.

I agree.  We need to let MacEwen  fill the role

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Only NMC's require protection. Any NTC's (regular or modified) may be exposed. There's ZERO chance we protect Eriksson.

Unfortunately, there is almost zero chance we can trade Eriksson. Unless they add some serious prospect and/or picks. :(

Just hope he takes his signing bonus and retires this summer.

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m gonna actually be upset if they trade something for Simmonds. Guy sucks. Look at what happened with him when he went to Nashville 

I just looked, and he had 3 points in 17 games after being traded to the Preds last season. 

He might beat Lucic in a foot race, but the game has definitely passed him by. I'm hoping that JB passes on him unless he comes on the cheap. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Unfortunately, there is almost zero chance we can trade Eriksson. Unless they add some serious prospect and/or picks. :(

Just hope he takes his signing bonus and retires this summer.

After his bonus, with retention and adding picks/prospects...it's possible...but I never actually mentioned trading him there :lol:

And hell yes to retiring *fingers crossed*

Edited by aGENT

9 minutes ago, WiDeN said:

I just looked, and he had 3 points in 17 games after being traded to the Preds last season. 

He might beat Lucic in a foot race, but the game has definitely passed him by. I'm hoping that JB passes on him unless he comes on the cheap. 

Only thing I could see Is a cheap cap dump but how would that work without sending a prospect. I don’t like it

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I would love to get rid of Baertschi's contract but not at the expense of Woo. He's a gamer and we don't have anyone else like him in our system.

Miles Wood would be nice, but is he that much of an improvement on Roussel that he would be worth giving but Woo for? Not for me. 

Prospects I'd consider trading:

Lockwood

Palmu

Perron

Brisebois

Gadjovich

Utunen

Teves

Jasek

McDonough

Chatfield

Focht

Karlsson

Sautner

Malone

Tryamkin

Any of these are fine to trade by me too.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I have that feeling too.  Way too much smoke regarding Simmonds.  How many times has there been this much "insider info" on JB's deals that actually came true?

No one had us and Toffoli on the radar.

Exactly my sentiment. JB's trades tend to come out of nowhere. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

I agree.  We need to let MacEwen  fill the role

Regardless of whose names we’re throwing around in the kitchen, come playoffs, Simmonds commands much more respect than an unknown player like MacEwen.

Not saying anything against MacEwen as I do like his game. But Simmonds on a team cannot be ignored.

Edited by Me_