The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bess done?

Rate this topic

Alflives

11 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Alf, at this point I just assume you're on the sauce 24/7.

That’s why the ? .  I’m shocked at the news, and thought I misheard.  Now JB saying he doesn’t make the Tofu trade if the Bess injury wasn’t so bad.  

1 minute ago, Yung1 said:

dude it's a broken rib. idk how you expect the training staff to prevent that. suggestions?

That may be, but there can't be a coincidence that every single year this team is completely decimated by injuries throughout the line up. Look up the stats for man games lost, VAN is always at the top. There has to be more to it then just "bad luck". 

• Like 1

Just now, the grinder said:

deal with injuries  ?  you mean that players get hurt  playing hockey  , maybe yell at DOPS

I wonder if Bess was playing with this injury for a while?  He might have though it was a bruised rib only.  Finding out he’s got broken cartilage is serious though, and he’s got to let that heal.  

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

That may be, but there can't be a coincidence that every single year this team is completely decimated by injuries throughout the line up. Look up the stats for man games lost, VAN is always at the top. There has to be more to it then just "bad luck". 

Could the injury issues which plague us every year be due, in part, to the travel we endure?  Guys get tired, have no legs, and get injured because of the circumstances?  Maybe if Bess isn’t so tired or doesn’t have dead kegs he’s not reaching for pucks and exposing his ribs, but instead he’s hard on the puck with his body?  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Travel. I'll bet once Seattle enters the league, we'll see a lot less injuries due to less travel.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bess done for the year?  What? 

Nooooooooooooooooo... please give us a miracle!!! He needs to be back for playoffs!!!! :(

Now that he's also on LTIR, will JB pull off another deal?? Leivo probably won't return till the playoffs... in the meantime, we need more scoring depth!!! 

• Like 1