The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Nucks - Feb 19 2020 - 7:30pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

It isnt the players, it's the coaching.  Loads of talent and experience on this team but they play like they have  never see  eachother before.  That's on the coaches.

Agreed. It’s failing the team. And has been failing them for sometime. Benning made a pretty serious decision bringing in Toffoli. Can’t see him tolerating these garbage systems too much longer. 

• Cheers 2

I like Toffoli, first game and he's one of the few Canucks that will stand up for Pettersson. Not even the captain will. Where's Virtanen? I thought the lines would be Toffoli with Pearson and Horvat since they have showed they already have chemistry in LA. Thought Virtanen would be on the Petey line and drop Eriksson to the third line. Why does Green go against common sense?

• Thanks 2

I think the failure in our systems lies a lot in our awful defenseman. None of them are capable of generating a clean transition off the break out pass aside from Hughes. We chip and chase because that's all our defenseman allow our forwards to do.

They wait, and wait, and wait until the forwards have to track back to take a pass and by then the neutral zone is clogged. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nah. 

It's ok to be critical of a team's performance.

But you've been ragging on Bo for some time and I feel it's premature - new captain, give him a chance to figure it out.

You somehow tie him into the previous core...and they weren't a bad bunch either.   Just seems it's your issue, not his.  The fact that you wouldn't rattle off a few names kind of hints that you're not interested in discussing this...more so, just barreling along with it.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

so a serious question

i have asked this before of lucky

doesn't green designed and implement the team offense

and defense systems

Ask Green. I don’t work for the team. 

and isn't baums job to relay those and ensure the dmen play the system set out?

Ask someone working for the team. 

baum does not independently design a system of play for his 6 - 8 d players?

Ask Baumgartner. 

it's a team system isn't it ?
i fail to see baum's failing apart from team systems failures

Why have a defensive coach then?

please enlighten me how baum is deviating from green's defensive systems of play

Clearly 

your questions 

need to

be 

directed

towards

coaching staff. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Timbermen said:

I like Toffoli, first game and he's one of the few Canucks that will stand up for Pettersson. Not even the captain will. Where's Virtanen? I thought the lines would be Toffoli with Pearson and Horvat since they have showed they already have chemistry in LA. Thought Virtanen would be on the Petey line and drop Eriksson to the third line. Why does Green go against common sense?

Coz Green does not want to show people that he is listening to the common sense of hockey fans.  He is thinking like I am the professional NHL coach, I can't be thinking the same way as the hockey fans!