The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to Bruins for David Backes, Axel Andersson, 2020 1st-round pick

11 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Benning just doesn't get creative, we just sign everybody and if it fails we just deal with it and let his crush our team.  If we miss the playoffs this year it's because we have guys like Beagle, Baertschi, and Eriksson bringing nothing to the table and eating up salary.  

With his play of late, you can add Roussel to this list. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

We hear this time and time again (eg Raymond, etc), seems rare the hands can ever really suddenly match the speed.

True enough, but I believe this dude to probably be top-5 in the nhl speedwise... the only player I’d say that I’ve seen play live with similar speed is McDavid.

41 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Benning just doesn't get creative, we just sign everybody and if it fails we just deal with it and let his crush our team.  If we miss the playoffs this year it's because we have guys like Beagle, Baertschi, and Eriksson bringing nothing to the table and eating up salary.  

Beagle and AR actually forecheck and finish a body checks

sutter is the waste of salary turd in the bottom six.easily softest player on the team turns of every check. 
Cap hit next year 4+ mill for a non physical fragile 4th liner. No thanks. 

1 minute ago, Tracksuit said:

Beagle and AR actually forecheck and finish a body checks

sutter is the waste of salary turd in the bottom six.easily softest player on the team turns of every check. 
Cap hit next year 4+ mill for a non physical fragile 4th liner. No thanks. 

I think the problem with Sutter is... he just can't frigging gain weight and build muscles to fill the frame.... hence the reluctance to throw NHL level big hits.... coz the force will get absorbed by the receiving player, bounce right off and then get him injured... like AGAIN!!!  *sigh*

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Lind is probably going to be better than any player they get out of a deal like that.  I know it's the "trendy" thing to do, but I can't think of a more ridiculous thing for JB to do.  

Ride it out and keep.the pick(s) and prospect.

Yup. After we have to payout his bonus, why bother moving him? I would move him to avoid the payout but afterwards, there's not much benefit. Might as well just ride him out. He's still a serviceable player - just one with a bloated contract for what he contributes. Plus he still has a MNTC for next season and will have to submit a 15 team no trade list which is half the league he can veto a trade to. 

6 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Yup. After we have to payout his bonus, why bother moving him? I would move him to avoid the payout but afterwards, there's not much benefit. Might as well just ride him out. He's still a serviceable player - just one with a bloated contract for what he contributes. Plus he still has a MNTC for next season and will have to submit a 15 team no trade list which is half the league he can veto a trade to. 

Stick him in Utica.  That’ll at least remove the temptation for Green to pick LE in the top six.  Maybe LE will retire after getting the bonus than ride the greyhounds in the AHL.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

This is equivalent to us trading LE, 1st and Woo for Miles Wood.

And that’s why JB shouldn’t be allowed to sign any more UFAs.  His signings have come back to stick it to us, cap wise.  Seriously, we are having trouble signing Marky and Tanev!  That should never have happened.  And wouldn’t it be nice to resign Tofu?  We could have Marky, Tanev, and Tofu or we can have Loui, Sutter, and Baer.  Oh boy!  Nicely done JB. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And that’s why JB shouldn’t be allowed to sign any more UFAs.  His signings have come back to stick it to us, cap wise.  Seriously, we are having trouble signing Marky and Tanev!  That should never have happened.  And wouldn’t it be nice to resign Tofu?  We could have Marky, Tanev, and Tofu or we can have Loui, Sutter, and Baer.  Oh boy!  Nicely done JB. 

All the bitching I did about Benning FA signings and time and time again the rebuttal was 'We got plenty of cap, blah blah blah.'  Needless to say it pissed me off lol.  

I'll never understand the Benning fan bois

Signed, 

A Green Fan Boi

:bigblush:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

If anybody can legitimately convince me that Eriksson deserves on spot in the lineup I will eat my cats litter and I have two of them so that's twice the amount of turd I will be stuffing in to my mouth.  I'll video it and post it online

Annnnddddd go

Green plays LE over the other scratches.  So he's in the lineup according to the coach.

Psst...make sure you get a close up in the video.

Lol.

:P

3 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Are the Ducks really gonna play Backes?? If not..... send him over! We can use his toughness and leadership... but they gotta retain 80% of the salary!

He looked awful in the playoffs last year, the game is far too fast for his beaten down and aging body.

Cassidy unlike Green doesn't hesitate to throw youth over the boards, giving them solid minutes.

Edited by 6string

I'm surprised that the Bruins didn't have to add more to the deal to get it done. Kase is a pretty good young player who is on a cheap contract and cost controlled. Add in the fact that they are throwing in Backes' contract and I thought the price would have been significantly higher. 

This is encouraging for dealing with Eriksson though. We don't even need to land a young player like Kase back, if we just return a 7th but dump Eriksson's contract it would be a huge win. This is where I would have loved to have used Madden as a piece.