The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Bad penalties by our vets killed us, that's unacceptable. We pissed away a good effort in the last ten minutes and left Domingue out to dry.

I'm not off the wagon, but I think I'm done watching hockey til the playoffs (whether we make em or not) because I can't keep watching this $&!#. 

This is the boat I'm in.  At work and check the score 3-1 great, and now I find out the result and how.

This group has a bunch of games to dig deep and get it done, but untill then I can't bring myself to comment. 

Let's see what they're made of.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

They've gone 8-7-2 in their past 17 but looking at the final 17 I don't think they can match that...just for fun...here's how I think it plays out...if Marky doesn't come back.

7-8-2

Arizona--W

Colorado--L

Columbus--W

NYI--L

@Arizona--OTL

@Colorado--L

Winnipeg--L

TB--L

@Anaheim--OTL

@LA--W

@Vegas--L

SJ--W

Calgary--W

Anaheim--W

@Dallas--L

@Arizona--W

Vegas--L

Edited by GritGrinder

I'm down about the losing streak too but it doesn't surprise me. Demko hasn't played his best on the road and these loses just show that Markstrom is the teams MVP. Why the hell would anyone want Gallant as coach of the Canucks after seeing him yell at the Sedins when he was in Florida. I don't want that weirdo anywhere near our players.  

Edited by Timbermen

I'm not a fan of Green but I don't think firing him at this point of the season is going to help much.  It's now March and I don't see a new coach on a new team faring any better in the stretch run of the regular season.  If any move needs to be made, it needs to be done in the offseason.

• Cheers 2

The way they lost the game in regulation is just comical.

I guess Hughes must be banged up too, he wasn't around much in the 3rd.

I am not the first person to say this, but I am having a hard time wondering what Sutter, Roussel and Eriksson do for their combined cap hit of $10+ million with an NTC crap cherry on top.

All of these guys have years left so they will be boat anchors for seasons to come. 

Loui Eriksson is especially pathetic. 6 million dollars for a measly 12 points, several of which are empty netters. Just tell him to stay home, the team is better without him in the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

Okay we blew that an NJ curse follows on in Vancouver as Domang is letting wheel fall off rims three straight goals against . We should have grabbed Anderson from Ottawa. At very least . We have been building Dempko thatcher up. Louis was my nephews Devils backstop an he was horrible we watched several games early in season together I was quiet on deadline trade , but, kiss the play offs good by now.worst case scenario we should have promoted a goalie from farm an just alternated them TIL one got hot now our goal is a mess.

You edited this post and it still turned out like this?...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Are you implying this one will be longer then?

No I’m suggesting that the problem isn’t the goaltenders but a lack of commitment to detail in the defensive zone. Great goaltending masks it average goaltending  results in loses regardless of who it is. 
baumer needs to be replaced this summer. 

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If you roll your eyes dramatically when you hear someone saying “irregardless,” you aren’t alone. We’ve all been taught to never, ever let that word slip out of our mouths—the correct term would be “regardless.” But we have some earth-shattering news for grammar nerds. Even though 74 percent of respondents in a Grammarly poll were convinced “irregardless” is not a word, it actually does show up in the dictionary.

Not accepted in print especially academic work.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Tracksuit said:

No I’m suggesting that the problem isn’t the goaltenders but a lack of commitment to detail in the defensive zone. Great goaltending masks it average goaltending  results in loses regardless of who it is. 

I've been saying that for 18 months. The guy is a dud.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If you roll your eyes dramatically when you hear someone saying “irregardless,” you aren’t alone. We’ve all been taught to never, ever let that word slip out of our mouths—the correct term would be “regardless.” But we have some earth-shattering news for grammar nerds. Even though 74 percent of respondents in a Grammarly poll were convinced “irregardless” is not a word, it actually does show up in the dictionary.

It is not accepted in formal writing. That is my point.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Or he would still be a defensive liability and put in a far less consistent effort.  You can't gift talented young players top 6 minutes and Jake is finally doing something to earn them.

Yea, a year and half ago. He started playing great last year. I don't get never putting him on the Pp or on the top 6. He gets a chance once in awhile but gets knocked back down if they lose. Guess he's the whipping boy. 25 goal scorer that gets 10 minutes a game and is far from a defensive liability.

23 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So does twerk unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Ok then, I agree with you but Green needs to go first then we need to re-evaluate and then we make other changes.