The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Slegr said:

Unbelievable.  What a crappy Canuck weekend. 

NO WAY!

that was the feel goodest weekend ever!

First there was the satisfaction of helping Bobby Ryan score a hattrick in his home return

Then letting Martin Marinccin score his 5 career goal on a near breakaway, well actually the seas just parted biblically

then Torts and the AHL Blue Jackets score a much needed comeback win.

SUCH A NICE HELPFUL BUNCH ON BOYS  we should be proud

Its not every week that  a team can beat the Bruins and Habs in back to back games and follow that up with losing to 2 AHL teams and a team that can't beat a zamboni driver.

lets all talk about how much we hate the Leafs and Oilers cuz they suck

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am pissed off I have tickets for the Wednesday game and Friday game at this moment.

What a bunch of chokers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toronto+mapleleaf+bag+heads&rlz=1C1NNVC_enCA476CA478&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dRtWnPpH45Q7VM%3A%2C6ET7HuSL-p4MTM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSLd9QOjYyeq0aR6Sf5zprKfcUjog&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCraWVofvnAhXOuZ4KHeKpDBUQ9QEwAnoECAoQFg#imgrc=dRtWnPpH45Q7VM:

what so many possibilities

at least make  a good sign

or start a chant

there is fun to be had at an upcoming Canuck game

you just have to make it yourself

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:
How is a word defined?
The definition of a word is a letter or group of letters that has meaning when spoken or written. An example of a word is dog. The definition of a word is a letter or group of letters that has meaning when spoken or written.

irregardless fits that definition, it’s been used for hundreds of years, sure it’s not some fancy new age turn the other cheek kinda word but it, by definition is a word.

goggle it   it isn't a word  ,   

The main issue is that the last 3 games the Canucks have played and battled hard, they have just lost them on one or two plays here or there. I'm confident they'll improve, but you can see other teams are just battling harder this time or year and we need our bottom 9 guys to match their intensity. Miller looks like the only guy out there on the right level.

I'm confident we won't slip out of the playoffs but it's going to be a dog fight in the last 10 games.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The main issue is that the last 3 games the Canucks have played and battled hard, they have just lost them on one or two plays here or there. I'm confident they'll improve, but you can see other teams are just battling harder this time or year and we need our bottom 9 guys to match their intensity. Miller looks like the only guy out there on the right level.

I'm confident we won't slip out of the playoffs but it's going to be a dog fight in the last 10 games.

We just lost to 2 AHL teams and the Leafs.

• Huggy Bear 1

I just found out about the Green vs JPat drama...

Green is in no position to avoid questions and act like a diva... his team choked 3 games in a row (almost 4) and lost valuable games at hand, you're gonna have to answer the tough questions! 

I just can't get behind this coach.. For a guy whose only been coaching for 2 seasons, he's more arrogant than some of the veteran coaches in the league. I don't get why he has to put on this act like he cant be bothered asking tough questions about his coaching decisions. 

anyhoo...

This eastern road trip was suppose to be our showcase to the eastern media/viewers... well they failed miserably and humiliated themselves. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This is still a team that is rebuilding.  I think some fans think we are a cup contender or something.  Lose your best goal tender and missing two top nine forwards.  They are showing that they are still a bit fragile.  

We still have our first round pick if we miss.  It is a deep draft, don't forget. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This is still a team that is rebuilding.  I think some fans think we are a cup contender or something.  Lose your best goal tender and missing two top nine forwards.  They are showing that they are still a bit fragile.  

We still have our first round pick if we miss.  It is a deep draft, don't forget. 

Yes yas yasssss+!

Cup contender? No.

Playoff challenger? Yes.

Can teams go on a run in the playoffs?yaaaas!

How often do the president trophy winners fizzle out when the playoffs get going?

Doesn't matter where in the playoffs you seed, but how you compete in the playoffs.

Could the leafs compete without

Andersen, Hyman, Kapanen and Marner?

Marky, Ferland, Leivo Boeser...

If the Canucks can ever get healthy for say 6 weeks :bigblush: they have arguably the best depth at forward in the league, I don't mean most skilled. What i mean is the forwards we have are proven NHL talent, some of which would be playing higher on other teams rosters.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen 

Roussell Beagle Sutter 

Motte Macewan Eriksson 

Baertschi? Goldy? Boucher? 

Graovac... Bailey..

Well i said earlier today, at least we get our 1st rounder this summer!

17 minutes ago, appleboy said:

So does our GM.

Jim Benning is all-in this year.

You don't trade picks 1, 2, and 3 in the same draft year when you're rebuilding.

You don't make deadline deals for Toffoli when you're rebuilding.

This is Jim Benning "going for it" with the assets he had available.

So when this is the message the organization sends to its fans and we see performances like this, you bet we are going to be upset.

• Thanks 2
  • Wat 1