The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is Mafia? Basic Rules and Guidelines

Rate this topic

Ceres

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

So far on our CDC Mafia Discord (which is a thing, if you’re not aware) we’ve nominated Falcon45ca and…well, no one else. I think we’re all happy with him being our rep, but out of fairness we could open this up to anyone else who wants to put their (or someone else’s) name forward as well.

We also will want to elect a backup in case our main rep has to drop. (Also, every year a few people from other communities flake on their game, and ‘universal subs’ are needed; the organisers ask backups from other communities (assuming their own rep has already played their game) to step in. So the backup has a shot at playing as well, if this happens and the organisers need someone on short notice.)

Just be aware that games tend to be very active. The average ‘qualifier’ game last year was 4000+ posts, and the Finale game was nearly 10,500+. If you want a glance at what to expect, here is BJ's qualifier game from last year. (Featuring, incidentally, the eventual Champion and 2nd place. This is another running theme of CDC reps - they always end up in the really high-quality 'qualifier' games that produce eventual Champs and other finalists.)

you gonna do me dirty like that?

I nominated DM

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

So far on our CDC Mafia Discord (which is a thing, if you’re not aware) we’ve nominated Falcon45ca and…well, no one else. I think we’re all happy with him being our rep, but out of fairness we could open this up to anyone else who wants to put their (or someone else’s) name forward as well.

We also will want to elect a backup in case our main rep has to drop. (Also, every year a few people from other communities flake on their game, and ‘universal subs’ are needed; the organisers ask backups from other communities (assuming their own rep has already played their game) to step in. So the backup has a shot at playing as well, if this happens and the organisers need someone on short notice.)

Just be aware that games tend to be very active. The average ‘qualifier’ game last year was 4000+ posts, and the Finale game was nearly 10,500+. If you want a glance at what to expect, here is BJ's qualifier game from last year. (Featuring, incidentally, the eventual Champion and 2nd place. This is another running theme of CDC reps - they always end up in the really high-quality 'qualifier' games that produce eventual Champs and other finalists.)

Wtf people that don’t even play on CDC choosing who represents CDC is an outrage!!

I totally think @falcon45ca would be a great rep but the sheer fact that that fat sob @Beluga Whale had a hand in that decision is, like I stated, completely outrageous!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Falcon's Champs game is starting shortly! You can read it here:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35368-Season-9-Game-1-Bloons-Tower-Defense-The-Battle-for-MU-The-Mafia-Championship

For game integrity reasons please do not discuss it publicly. If anyone wants to follow along and talk about it, I recommend MU's Discord spec chat (just ask for access to spec chat upon joining the server).

Otherwise, wish our dirty bird good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • 6 months later...