The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen showing immaturity once again.

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Look, I'm all for having fun, but when is this kid going to learn? U dont think this is a bad idea Jake with all these players testing positive? 

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-virtanen-under-fire-after-visit-to-downtown-vancouver-nightclub/wcm/f930a8f1-7eef-492a-adaa-66b893d5e4e8

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

he should be able to do whatever he wants in his own private time.  If we continue this, potential UFA's wouldn't even want to play here.  

The timing was terrible.  Has nothing to do with a hockey player going to a club.

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ya , during a pandemic,  not practicing social distancing,  while the freaking NHL is testing all the players to try and get the league up and running again. Normal circumstances,  who cares. For me,  its stupidity to go to a night club as a pro athlete about to possibly take part in a sport that requires close contact. 

He's going to get tested prior to taking part in any team activities so spread to team mates or opponents is a non issue. He has every right to be at Celebs, as does every one who has been visiting their favourite restaurants. Plus BC has the lowest numbers in Canada (North America?), if he were doing this in Toronto then it's a different story.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

He's going to get tested prior to taking part in any team activities so spread to team mates or opponents is a non issue. He has every right to be at Celebs, as does every one who has been visiting their favourite restaurants. Plus BC has the lowest numbers in Canada (North America?), if he were doing this in Toronto then it's a different story.

So , dr Henry's suggestions he ignored dont mean anything? It's just another example of bad judgment.  Ya , there are places you can go now,  and to keep everyone safe , there are safe practices asked of people when they go there. With his history of immaturity,  you would think the kid would be smart enough to at least follow safety protocols to avoid looking like an idiot again. Like seriously , with ur history you pick a nightclub,  and do nothing in the way saftey measures suggested? That to me is immaturity. It's more then Virtanen going to a club.  It's the overweight camps , and all the inconsistent on ice effort that adds up to why it points to a bigger problem with this pick they made. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ya , during a pandemic,  not practicing social distancing,  while the freaking NHL is testing all the players to try and get the league up and running again. Normal circumstances,  who cares. For me,  its stupidity to go to a night club as a pro athlete about to possibly take part in a sport that requires close contact during a pandemic. 

These clubs are operating under a loophole.  Clubs are not supposed to operate until phase 4.  Korea's recent infection issues had to do with clubs.  I fear our next wave may come from these venues.

7 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Man am I ever glad they didn't have cameras everywhere and social media hypocrites to give their two cents worth when I was growing up.I would have gone VIRAL in a heartbeat.

Seriously,people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.If you delve into some of these critics lives they are flawed humans like the rest of us.

There is a reason he is constantly singled out. 

• Vintage 1