The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

“It was two good plays by two good players. Don't know how many guys can make the pass that Hughes could. He's one of those players that can make those quick stretch passes. I try to stay composed on the bench as much as I can. After a game like this you get a little excited. Guys stood up in front of me... I know it was a hell of a goal.” - Green on OT goal

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Who does he go in for though? 

Everyone has been playing so well, including Eriksson. 

Same case for Gauds, Sutter has been a beast this post season.

Virtanen would come out when Toffoli is ready...

Green would make that swap in a heart beat. 

Even if green doesn't want to change his top two lines he would switch out Virt for Toffoli on the 3rd line.  Toffoli has been out for a while and may not be able to handle top 6 minutes right away.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Bo has been so amazing. My appreciation of him has gone up ten fold in these playoffs. He IS THE MAN. 
What an emotional game. Losing Myers hurts, but hopefully it won’t be too long. Shoulder injuries are tough to come back from in a physical playoffs.

This series is still far from over, but we’ve sure put ourselves in a good position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah, I think you are right. I think Jake needs a good look in a mirror about taking his career seriously. It’s a shame, he has all the physical tools - he’s physically like a bigger, faster version of Horvat - built for this kind of hockey - but that is the extent of the positive comparison.

Things were going well for him, at least his offensive game prior to the pause of the season. So the question is what happened between then and now? Did he really come back way out of shape to lose the confidence of the coach?

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I take back what I said about the Blues. They’re trash. They leaned heavily on the refs to try to get the game where they wanted it and they failed. &^@# em. 

I hate reading complaints about reffing however they totally benefited from trash reffing tonight.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I think Greener is just running a shortened bench. Big Mac is playing near 5-7 minutes as well. Same with Roussel if I recall. 5 minutes of Jake is better than 5 minutes of anyone else in the press box. He played well in his few shifts. Just so happens Green's gameplan is to run 3 lines. A defensive 3rd line in Beagle, Sutter and Motter, a two way 2nd line in Horvat, Pearson, Eriksson and an offensive 1st line in Petey, Miller and Boeser. Nothing about Jake's game has been bad so far. Just so happens he doesn't fit the coach's gameplan I guess. Sucks seeing Jake and big Mac riding pine though. I like both players.

Exactly it was a tight game, Jake Zak and Rooster had good games, it’s just you gotta play certain guys after the halfway mark of the 3rd. I liked how Jake stood up to Perron, but unfortunately his stick broke or that probably wouldn’t have been called. 

• Cheers 3

I can’t remember the original post, but some one posted a few concerns about the nucks. One of the concerns was that Bo may not be able to captain/drive this team. My response was he will, just watch. So glad Bo is who he is, a great captain and a great warrior. 
This team’s fight and resilience reminds me of the 1994 team. I think we may be in for a ride! GCG!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The pk has been damned good, is Virtanen going to take that? At even strength, Eriksson is on Horvat’s line, and that line (with Pearson) has been so good that I’d be reluctant to change that chemistry.

The amount of penalties we are taking, Eriksson could rest a bit more especially when we had the lead and also especially we need Eriksson and company in the dying seconds. It's ice time management.