The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

I can't go there, I really hate Calgary. 

What better scenario than we take out Blues and Avs, Calgary takes out Stars and Knights, then we meet in the Conference Final and sweep Calgary.  How sweet would that be?

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

I don’t think these guys will mail it in really - under Berube that’s never going to happen.   What they could do - and I hope I’m wrong - is be willing to take suspensions and go after our stars.   If we are up 2-0 in the third I hope EP and BB and QHs get stapled to the bench unless are on the PP...

Just like Green did with QH last game in the 3rd period. No need to let him get destroyed by the Blues forwards..

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

What better scenario than we take out Blues and Avs, Calgary takes out Stars and Knights, then we meet in the Conference Final and sweep Calgary.  How sweet would that be?

I don't think my brain could handle us meeting Cowgary in the western final. 

• Haha 1

I'm kinda worried about this game.

St. Louis will give everything that they got in this one. If they were to go deep into the playoffs like most people expect, this game will be the pivotal and most important game they will play. 

I expect Binnington to perform extremely well tonight. He is out to prove the world that he is a cup winning goaltender and that he won't go down easily. The entire team will be super motivated (and angry) and our Canucks better be ready. Good for them the zebras will be on their side once more.

20 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

my worry there is Marky tends to not do well doing both back to backs. But you don't want to breathe life into the B'Lose by putting Demko in either. 

What about something completely unorthodox? Play Demko in the 1st period of both games and let Marky finish them. It could work.

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

What about something completely unorthodox? Play Demko in the 1st period of both games and let Marky finish them. It could work.

Nope as it messes with your d system. You know where the netminder will be and they will bark at you to get into certain positions to cover certain players etc. You change it for no reason it you essentially cost your d an entire period. They will cover based on previous netminder and have to reset to new one.

This is a very important game, a win puts us up 3-0 with a ton of confidence. A loss remind the Blues that they are defending cup champs. Don’t take them lightly as it will bite you every time. I’m hoping to see an energetic first period and chase Binnington out (Unless they don’t start him) early. I think the secret is going to be speed and discipline in this one. Get a couple quick ones on the PP and roll right through them. 

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lost my little sister to kidney failure this morning.  She was a huge Canuck fan. Me and my father are going to watch the game together...  Funny how sports is a family event sometimes bringing us together...  We'll be cheering our team on for her.

I think Myers is a huge hole to fill.

It's going to take a team effort to handle a hungry Blues team.

Bless your sister Hairy. I hope u will enjoy sharing some great thoughts thinking about her. Hockey & otherwise!

And a tear in your beer is ok...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

This is a very important game, a win puts us up 3-0 with a ton of confidence. A loss remind the Blues that they are defending cup champs. Don’t take them lightly as it will bite you every time. I’m hoping to see an energetic first period and chase Binnington out (Unless they don’t start him) early. I think the secret is going to be speed and discipline in this one. Get a couple quick ones on the PP and roll right through them. 

STL will be throwing everything they have at our boys tonight as it's do or die for them. They lose this one and the series is essentially over. Our boys just have to rise to the occasion and match their intensity from puck drop just like they did in Game 1.  If they can do that they will win.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1