The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I hope that these guys call a fair game. That’s all I want. Our last one was so biased and infuriating. Blatant missed calls where Blues players ought to have gotten penalties and one of which caused Edler to cough up the puck where we got scored on. 

Love you new avatar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lost my little sister to kidney failure this morning.  She was a huge Canuck fan. Me and my father are going to watch the game together...  Funny how sports is a family event sometimes bringing us together...  We'll be cheering our team on for her.

I think Myers is a huge hole to fill.

It's going to take a team effort to handle a hungry Blues team.

Dang sorry to hear that. I’m sure hockey seems like a small thing right now but hopefully they can pull out the win tonight for you guys. 

• Like 1

I have horrible gambling luck, and when ever I a bet team to win, they almost always loses. I put money on St. Louis to help out our boys. Let's hope my gambling luck continues to be brutal and the Canucks get a W out of it. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Is it just me or are people having trouble getting into series besides our own?  The last 3 years I didn’t miss a single playoff game, but this year I have only watched a handful or two of games besides our own.  Might be the lack of fans cause they can really amp me up for one team or another, or maybe I’m just too emotionally invested in this series already with the Canucks here IDK.

I’m watching a lot of the games. Not normally get a chance to watch many due to time zone and work but with the early games starting around 8ish here means I can hunker  down in the evening and Just watch till I’m to tired 

12 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Is it just me or are people having trouble getting into series besides our own?  The last 3 years I didn’t miss a single playoff game, but this year I have only watched a handful or two of games besides our own.  Might be the lack of fans cause they can really amp me up for one team or another, or maybe I’m just too emotionally invested in this series already with the Canucks here IDK.

I’m watching a lot of the games. Not normally get a chance to watch many due to time zone and work but with the early games starting around 8ish here means I can hunker  down in the evening and Just watch till I’m to tired 

22 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I wasn’t stating your feeling was wrong, more so that if you don’t feel nerves time to give up I disagree with.

having played regional level rugby in the Uk including advancing to Colt National Finals when I was younger as a starting scrum half, I have Played in a lot of high stakes games. 

For me I don’t get nerves or butterflies before or during games. If I was subbed off, or injured and watching from the sidelines i do because I’m no longer in control of my own destiny. 

Gotcha 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Benn brings bite. But he also takes a fair amount of penalties when his feet aren't moving. I'm worried about his ability to keep up with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake sits tonight. 

Maybe green keeps him in and tells him to hit hard. Jake would play better if he put his physicality first in some areas of the ice. He still has to be open for breakout passes but a hit or a run out each shift shouldn't be to difficult if he isn't pinned in his own end. Contact of any kind would work it doesn't have to always be a bone crusher. 

He's not as tall as Myers so his crosschecks shouldn't hit people in the face, I think we'll be ok :P

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

I wonder what law governs how time drags when you are anticipating something, yet flashes by when you are experiencing that something

I remember as a kid waiting for Christmas. It was soooo long of a wait...seemed to take a full year.

Go Canucks Go

4661B45F-E34D-4512-ADAD-659F4440E8FA.png

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

He's not as tall as Myers so his crosschecks shouldn't hit people in the face, I think we'll be ok :P

He was doing plenty of cross checking on day 1 of last falls training camp lol. The only guy on the ice showing bite lol

27 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’m having a similar time. I’m watching other teams, but not seeing their fans and buildings makes it a little harder to get into the games. The actual play on the ice has to grab me, and then I’m invested, but I start out a little meh when the Canucks aren’t playing. At least compared to previous years, where the novelty of watching playoffs games from a bunch of other cities, and everything that comes with that, definitely helped with the entertainment factor.

As far as the hockey goes, however, it’s generally been pretty good. Certainly better than expected, after the long layoff. But there is definitely something missing (obviously).