The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

21 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I don't think my brain could handle us meeting Cowgary in the western final. 

It would be freaking awesome!!!  I got several friends who are huge Lames fans and we’ve been talking to each other about a possible series and we actually got super pumped about it.

21 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

When we traded for TT. It was pre-Covid blow up. A raise of $3 to $5 mill in cap was rumoured.

We would have had some cap management to do. ie move Baer or Eriksson or both. But signing Tanev & Tovoli & Markstrom was within the realm of possibility to keep the team together.

It is a different equation now.  Harder.

Trading Boeser was just never a solution I would nominate.  

I love Tof's game and it seemed like, for a short while, that our team finally had a real top 6.  I was so disappointed when he got injured.  It would be fantastic to have the lotto line along with Bo, Pearson and Tof as our top 6.

As far as trading Boes, well that is plain nonsense.  Some peeps just don't understand that sometimes it takes a player a lot of time to heal from injuries.  When I saw the team play the jets, I knew right away that Boes' wrist was ok.  So happy to see the return of the speedy wrister.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

It would be freaking awesome!!!  I got several friends who are huge Lames fans and we’ve been talking to each other about a possible series and we actually got super pumped about it.

you'd have to put me in one of these

Hannibal Lecter Horror GIF

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Anyone know definitively what the FO time is for the game. Need to set my alarm. Don’t want to miss the start

according to Sportsnet it's 7:40, but I would be ready for 7:30 to be safe

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lost my little sister to kidney failure this morning.  She was a huge Canuck fan. Me and my father are going to watch the game together...  Funny how sports is a family event sometimes bringing us together...  We'll be cheering our team on for her.

I think Myers is a huge hole to fill.

It's going to take a team effort to handle a hungry Blues team.

Oh my. So sorry for your loss Hairy. 

• Like 1

The injury to Myers made me wish we still have either Luke Schenn or Alex Biega on the team. Anyways, injuries can't be something that derails the team as many teams are dealing with injuries in the playoffs. We will have to find a way to win. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vintage 1