The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, WZRD said:

If they go with Demko and he gets lit up then the series is tied. Stick with Marky Mark or is he tired? Decisions decisions, glad I’m not making this one. 

Demko hasn't played a serious game for how long?   You don't put him in now.  Marky is fine.  

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Naw. He deffiently played bad, but the refs cant call a weak trip like that after clearly showing that the whistles have been put away. Refs are fully at blame for this 1 and I hop Green takes a fine to call them out on it. I'll start a GoFund me for him to help cover it lol

Exactly. They had to call that high sticking on Loui because it was so obvious but that Virtanen trip they could’ve let go. 

• Like 1

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Myers’ injury = more minutes and tougher assignments for Stecher...

Stecher was being tracked all night by the Blues.  He was he took a lot of hits for the team.  That was the tough assignment.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"They were better tonight. They’re the defending Cup champs for a reason, they know what it takes to win and they don’t shy away from a fight. It was a good hockey game, it was fast and I thought we matched them well. I can’t wait to play them tomorrow." - Horvat

Well said Cap'n 

Quick chance for redemption tmrw! 

Were the refs that bad? 

I thought it was a million times better than last game? 

I feel like they tried to ref an honest game tonight. The high stick by Eriksson was a blatant penalty and Jake did trip Blais with his foot. 

I think the Canucks were angry that they didn't get the same call just minutes prior but i thought that was just one blown call? Also did the blues get a scoring chance out of that missed call? Was Jake's trip going to set up a chance for Vancouver to win it in OT? I think there's several factors involved. 

There was another moment in the first where I think Horvat was trying to check someone in the slot and he got his stick into the blues players hands as he was saying up for the one timer and they lost a really good scoring chance with no call. 

I honestly don't have a problem with the game tonight. Last game was brutal and borderline illegal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Horvat was quiet. He'll be better next game. He'll need to be better.

Boeser gone cold this series. He's going to have to turn it around for us to have chance to win the series.. 

They all battled hard.  Obviously Blues are targeting them for shutdown.   

they all can do a bit better.  EP and Bo both saying that in post game interview