The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Myers looks alright, his shoulder isn’t hanging low! Good to see 

Are you kidding me? He's not even moving it. I'd say the positive sign is that he's not in a sling. I've had years of shoulder injuries, and the way he's not moving it isn't good. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

This! Right here! 

Love this!

best part of the night is shutting those trolls up...second best thing is a 3-2 series lead

Last time we were up 2-0 to be tied 2-2, then to go up 3-2 it didnt end too well. We got lucky tn, and we will probably have to get lucky again to win this series

No doubt our team is playing very well and exceeding expectations, but imho it's quite clear the Blues are the better more experienced team. Going to be a lot harder to close this series out than you think

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not gonna troll back and count the

" this game is over"

"this series is over"

"this team is done"

etc.

But....

thank you for jinxing the enemy.

I took a different route when we were down 3-1.  I was as frustrated as everyone else but i decided to put the laptop away and just watch the game to regain my perspective on the steps the team has made this year and the expectations they exceeded.

So glad i did.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I say we need the quick blade work, quick passing dman to soften the Blues forecheck. The Blues are beatable when their forecheck isn't working. 

Agree 

we have that in Hughes 

what we need to do though is stand them up at the Blue line and not back in. We were retreating far too quickly. Stand them up with active sticks 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

How about our boy Brock? 

Is he back? 

Reminds me of Maverick in Top Gun where he is on tilt during battle and then something clicks and he re-engages and kicks ass. 

That 3rd period was awesome. 

If he can play like that in game 6 and JV continues his play, Blues are done. 

The entire team played bigger in the 3rd and took it to the blues

I agree. Brock had a great game. He was grinding and winning puck battles 

3 minutes ago, footsy said:

Let them play means let them cheat. (and we lose) No merit to this. Blues got no discretionary penalty's. We got one (kind of), which is better than we're used to.  That is the highest complement possible for us.

Would you rather they randomly cherry pick? 

if faced with that prospect, let them play 

Just now, Justdean10 said:

I don't think the Virtanen goal was that soft.  Virt wasn't even looking at the goalie and released it pretty quick into a perfect spot. 

Egh, Allen was cheating so hard. I mean fair play to Jake for the misdirection but you're facing a right handed shot in that position with a clear angle to the net and no immediate pressure on him. You've got to cover that post. In beer league guys can pick that corner from there, so an NHLer can do it in his sleep if there's no pressure or anything.

Its one of those saves your goalie absolutely has to make in the postseason, and make it look routine.