The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, NucksinNorway said:

Are you kidding me? He's not even moving it. I'd say the positive sign is that he's not in a sling. I've had years of shoulder injuries, and the way he's not moving it isn't good. I hope I'm wrong. 

Been there done that and yes, not moving it still isn't good.  Let alone thinking about moving a puck or absorbing more hits.

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

funny thing happened this morning as I was walking down the alley on my way to work....two crows sitting on the powerline pooped at the same time as I was walking by and the flying diarrhea landing close to my feet....there's got to be something to that?

Someone else commented in the GDT that they got shat on today by a bird.....it’s good luck, so I recommend everyone go outside on Friday looking for birds.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

No they just sat back and let the Blues take shots with loads of traffic in front of Markstrom. We were .5 seconds away from losing this game. The net is empty there needs to be more effort in retrieving that puck and get a shot at the net

Agreed. Collapsing down low into a 4 man box and letting STL play shooting gallery for two minutes straight is going to backfire more often than not. 

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Last time we were up 2-0 to be tied 2-2, then to go up 3-2 it didnt end too well. We got lucky tn, and we will probably have to get lucky again to win this series

No doubt our team is playing very well and exceeding expectations, but imho it's quite clear the Blues are the better more experienced team. Going to be a lot harder to close this series out than you think

I never said closing this series out would be easy. Instead I said no matter what, we at least pushed a game 7 which is fantastic on its own.

this quote is then pointing out how sweet it was to shut up the nay sayers (at least for one night)

crossing my fingers for another win but only time will tell

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Agree 

we have that in Hughes 

what we need to do though is stand them up at the Blue line and not back in. We were retreating far too quickly. Stand them up with active sticks 

I guess a silver lining is that i though Tanev had his worst PO game with the puck.  Seemed to get stripped or picked off all night, but he'll bounce back.

Fantastic win but without Marky we would have been crushed. Unbelievable how many point blank shots he turns away from prime shooting areas all night.Thankfully the Blues are a moody team. At times they seem disinterested and I believe at the core they probably aren't 100% into winning it this year. When they decide to turn it on they are the superior team. Dangerous top to bottom. We have been outshot, outhit and out chanced every game we've won but we keep finding a way on nights when St. Louis shows up for stretches but goes away as well. Still, this one is ours for the taking.

Nice job boys. 

2 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Someone else commented in the GDT that they got shat on today by a bird.....it’s good luck, so I recommend everyone go outside on Friday looking for birds.

Sure, I've done way worse for a superstitious won!

Just now, bad alice french said:

Fantastic win but without Marky we would have been crushed. Unbelievable how many point blank shots he turns away from prime shooting areas all night.Thankfully the Blues are a moody team. At times they seem disinterested and I believe at the core they probably aren't 100% into winning it this year. When they decide to turn it on they are the superior team. Dangerous top to bottom. We have been outshot, outhit and out chanced every game we've won but we keep finding a way on nights when St. Louis shows up for stretches but goes away as well. Still, this one is ours for the taking.

Nice job boys. 

Are you calling them the.... Moody Blues???:bigblush:

• Cheers 1