The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twitter reacts to Kevin Bieksa

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, playboi19 said:

Ron Maclean is being outwit for the first time in a while. #Feelsgoodman

Hmmm, in complete disagreement.

Ron's never used "wit"...more, his comfy position as a permanent fixture.  He tries too hard and then back pedals with no integrity.  Stands his ground then recants.  Is the type of guy who lurks in the shadows and picks the side that he feels is the popular one.

He's gutless.

And yes...I do agree that it feels good.  He's totally outclassed with Bieksa.  Good luck with that, Ron.  Be careful of those burned bridges...you may have to cross them some time down the road.

AND KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF HIS BOX

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

On 8/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

This was so good by AV and god dang does it reignite my hate for Ron MacLean. I want to know what kind of backroom dealings MacLean has with Hockey Canada/Canadian Minor Hockey Association/Ref Unions, etc. Bet he gets some kickbacks for his persistently biased defences of reffing in this league.

6 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

This was so good by AV and god dang does it reignite my hate for Ron MacLean. I want to know what kind of backroom dealings MacLean has with Hockey Canada/Canadian Minor Hockey Association/Ref Unions, etc. Bet he gets some kickbacks for his persistently biased defences of reffing in this league.

The weasel has done some reffing so now he thinks he's some champion for their cause. Just give Ron his gold watch and retire him please CBC. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Look, I am a big KB3 fan.  Not as big as many here? He can do no wrong! But two BIG things...

Its representation.  And on a national panel to boot.  Well? Its about time.  Kevin is the absolute first Canuck bleeding panelist I can ever remember?  

Point two, better yet Kev can hold his own! I don't share the opinion his analysis is better than other commentators. I enjoy that we get some bias to the Orca. I like references to our heroes, and our players in a positive light. I enjoy more, like others, that he is funny. For the record, he is no where near as outlandish as JR Jeremy Roenick. Or when Brett Hull is a guest on NBC. Kev is conservative, polished by comparison. But he is not made up, unique, ours. 

I think its a bit fair that he over represents. Its been a long time coming. He will learn to cater to more teams as his career progresses.  

Its also smart on Sportsnet. Only Matthews & McDavid hold candle to the respect Pettersson & Hughes are getting. But AM's has warts. Draisaitl, close, is revered, explosive but sloppy defensively by comparison. Horvat, although a tier lower is also being circled. Then Boeser another tier down.  What is different about Captain Bo, and our wizards, is also two things;

Horvat, Pettersson & Hughes in a hockey sense. Boeser at a personal level are all very like-able characters! They play defense, bust their ass. None are brash. Instead humble. Boeser inviting a Downs Syndrom girl to her prom. This is not Alex Burrows biting ears & Kesler, diving, suggesting in trash talk Kelly Backes should give him a call? Matt Cook being Matt Cook, Tiger Williams or Jarko Ruutu. Guys nobody outside your market would love. These are nice guys!

The Canucks are a team on the way up.

People will like them this time around. 

Can that said about Matthews, who mooned an Arizona female cop rather than accept a traffic ticket? Is that what the story was... Warts!

Most importantly. Brilliant whipping his stick, Matthews back checks as hard as Monahan. Real commentators, even Flames & Leaf oriented ones. Are singing the praises of Petey battling. Hughes lugging minutes. Bo taking on Ryan O'Reilly man on man. No trash talk either. As much as their wizardy?  They see championship material. 

Kevin helps them build the fans that already like the Canucks. They are going to be Canada's team! :gocan:  :wub: 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm counting on you wizards to post some videos.

Need more Kevin.

10 hours ago, Qwags said:

Gonna need a clip of it when avaliable.

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I missed that. Anyone have a clip?

Fourthed. I need to see this.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

That’s hilarious.... small kudos to Ron for at least trying to let it be water under the bridge; a full apology for being a meat stick would be better lol. 

He attempted a fake apology after Cherry called him out for being an unprofessional weasel.  Still have absolutely zero respect for that waste of oxygen.

• Vintage 1