The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Can we please stop making (glorifying) the referees to be more important than the game from here on out?

It's such a bad way to approach anything. It means you've already lost.

Well if the referees would conduct themselves like professionals it wouldn't be an issue.

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Binnington is rumoured to start per Dan Murphy on 650.

Aw. No chance of the fun stat then. If Allen started and lost I feel like BInnington would have to be the first goalie in NHL history not to lose an elimination game in his first two playoffs but only come out of it with one Cup :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

I find it damn near impossible to take my eyes off the TV long enough to post here, never mind reading all the other posts, as the game is taking place. Don't know how some of you do it. There's so much going on every second on the ice that I'm afraid I'll miss something if I look away. So I read back and try to catch up a bit during commercials or intermissions but many of those breaks are required for other things.

So I ended up with a slow work day yesterday and read pretty much the entire GDT from game 5 and it was quite the roller coaster read. There seem to be a good batch of posters whose faith in the team crumbles at the first sign of adversity, resulting in lots of very disheartening posts (thankfully, the players aren't reading along haha), a nice collection of diehards (such as myself) who never give up hope until all really is all said and done, and then a $&!# ton of folk who clearly retired from previous careers as NHL players, coaches or execs cuz they're masters of dissecting every move made by every player on both sides as well as the coaches and the commentators. I heard on 1040 or 650 yesterday that TG went through something like 21 different line combinations over the course of the night. I wonder if even one of those 21 made everyone on CDC happy at the same time.

I'm envious of those who really know the game so well and see things that I miss entirely. I've been a fan since '81 when most games were only available on radio but still watch every game like some awestruck beginner, only catching about half of what happens and likely caught following the puck more than a rookie D. I really need to learn to pay more attention to everything going on everywhere else on the ice. No wonder I'm still caught off guard when a player gets loose all alone for a breakaway.

Super stoked for tonight's game. I work Saturdays and am about to begin a full week off. Might just have to book off tomorrow and start the festivities a day early.

Would be a blast to hang out with you all in a pub surrounded by monster big screens for these playoffs. Another year perhaps.

Will try to chime in more tonight but, if I'm not able to, let me just say this...

Have faith everybody!

The boys know what they have to do to get the job done and TG is just now beginning to see what he's capable of as a coach in big league games that really matter.

Have a blast!

Coach hard and cheer harder

We GOT this!!

Go Canucks GO!!!!

Thank you for your post. As you have followed the team for longer than some of us have been alive, its great that you come and share your thoughts on the game. 

So many of us on this forum including me are too busy trying to be right or the expert on hockey at times and its very refreshing to see your humble outlook on this game that we all love. 

Thanks for supporting our boys for pretty much 4 decades and leading by example. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Aw. No chance of the fun stat then. If Allen started and lost I feel like BInnington would have to be the first goalie in NHL history not to lose an elimination game in his first two playoffs but only come out of it with one Cup :lol:

John Garrett never lost an elimination game in all four of his NHL playoff years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Where did I say that??

Some posters are pretty quick to twist a persons words.

He was facing away from Edler so I doubt he knew where his skate was going. I highly doubt that he intended to slice his throat!!!!!!

Being intentionally reckless with your skate does not equal trying to cut someone's throat. That could be the unfortunate outcome though. That was my point and I stand by it.