The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Fleury played terrible in 2 games in the bubble. Lehner will be in net for Vegas. He's got 2.44 GAA .904 SV% in 6 games...

Marky definitely the best goalie left and the team with the hot goal tender always has a good chance to win the series..

Fleury, like Binnington will get respect games, agree on Marky, Nucks in 4.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Fleury played terrible in 2 games in the bubble. Lehner will be in net for Vegas. He's got 2.44 GAA .904 SV% in 6 games...

Marky definitely the best goalie left and the team with the hot goal tender always has a good chance to win the series..

Yup, sometimes the Goalie puts on the glass slipper and takes the team to the dance. Im not sure this is a Giguere-esque (1st Ducks cups final appearance) performance so far. If the team shows up like how they did against the Blues in the last 2 games, and Toffoli makes an impact, we have a chance. Having him healthy might tip the forward ranks in our favor

27 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Pettersson

4 games 1 goal 3 assists 4 points against the Wild.

6 games 3 goals 6 assists 9 points against the Stanley Cup Champs.  

He’s only getting better.

I thought he had his best game tonight too. Slowed everything down, looked dominant.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Notice how their ice time is still the lowest among forwards with Roussel? Notice how everyone else seems to play more?

Nothing I said was incorrect. They're streaky players and that was a streaky line that scored in bunches and disappeared. They were also sheltered and played with Roussel to boot, who isn't a defensive forward. You act like that's a bad thing, it's just the truth. It's understandable, their young players still rounding out their games. Far from the best they can be as overall players.

If that wasn't the case then Greener wouldn't have sheltered them and would of given them more ice time. Ice time alone reflects what I am saying. When the other 3 lines less of a liability they are gonna play more. When they're streaky in a good way Green rides them offensively, when they're not, ice time drops significantly.

Gaudette/Roussel were also a part of that shift that got stuck in the zone for 2 minutes tonight. If it were up to me I would of promoted Motte and dropped Rousell. If Motte was on the ice with Sutter/Gaud the puck probably would of got out. Each line needs 2 people who are more than competent defensively.

Like I said inconsequential and redundant. To say that takes away from how good Beagle, Motte and the rest of the bottom 6 have been.

They are streaky yes, I’ll admit that.  A lot of players are. Boeser is very streaky.  And yes, their ice time was low, but their production overall was pretty impressive.  They will only get better from here and that’s a good thing.  

8 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

When Bo stapled Perron to the boards, I knew that he was going to be a non-factor for the rest of the game.

Not surprised that he failed to mention that. 

Man that hit.

I felt the Blues shut off.

Let that sink in everyone; the Canucks out-beefed the Blues.

The irony is, Horvat’s rub on Perron was reminiscent to Perron’s rub on Myers.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Yup, sometimes the Goalie puts on the glass slipper and takes the team to the dance. Im not sure this is a Giguere-esque (1st Ducks cups final appearance) performance so far. If the team shows up like how they did against the Blues in the last 2 games, and Toffoli makes an impact, we have a chance. Having him healthy might tip the forward ranks in our favor

That Ducks team was coached by Babcock. His last year in ANA before the lockout and subsequently being poached by the Red Wings.. 

The Ducks played great defensive systems.. kept the puck along the boards entire playoffs all the way to the cup final.. 

Canucks don't play any where near that level of defensively responsible hockey. It'll be impossible for Marky to have Giguere esq playoffs with the style of hockey we play. 

We desperately need healthy Toffoli and healthy Myers in the lineup starting Sunday with game 1 for us to have a chance to win against Vegas.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

I just want to say that Stecher's goal tonight was fu***** sick. What a beauty.

Most definitely...

The way they moved the puck and passed it around it was like they were playing against kids in an exhibition game. 

Harlem Globetrotters esq...

• Cheers 1

Prior to massive injuries this season, wasn't there a time this season the Canucks were 1st in the conference/division?  Majority of our key players were healthy, just as they are right now.  This team may be better than what we give them credit.

• Thanks 1