• Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2020 at 01:45 AM

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Nice but what happened to you for your jersey to do this? ::D

Pleading the fifth...... (no, not of vodka)....

10 years of hard wear.  2011 took a toll too as I think my jersey may have gone downtown without me.

Jake is playing well and couldn't be happier for him as I have been critical of him lately. I wonder what effect the bubble has on him. Tough to get in trouble in there. He's been in there awhile and will be awhile yet. He's away from possible negative influences? Maybe he grows up a bit. 

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'ma bring out this bad boy for the Vegas series.  For extra oomph.  (Looks like I went a few rounds right alongside Juice!  It'll probably need a good wash first...)

image.pngimage.png

You're not supposed to wear a Canucks jersey to a rugby match. 

• Haha 2

To those east of the Rockies and south of the 49th parallel

We like our 7:30 PST start time, we don't care if it is too late for you!

Canada's team. ya right, F.U.

We will never forget the way we were treated in 2011!

Canucks in 6

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

What is wrong with some of you fans?

Vegas in 5? Vegas in 6?

A lightbulb went off midway game 5 and the Canucks just  tuned up the defending cup champs the final game and a half. 

St Louis was arguably the best team in the league in March and we took them in an elimination game when they had their backs on the wall and their coach guaranteeing game 7 and absolutely ran them out of the rink. 

Virtanen started skating through their D like it was a cakewalk and Motte started thinking he was still in the NCAA playing as a hobey baker finalist.

Brock has re-engaged and guys like Roussel, Beagle and Sutter are playing solid hockey. This on top of the fact that our top 6 has played very well all playoffs. 

As the playoffs are going on, our guys are getting better. This is not the regular season canucks (who coindentally) went 1-1 with the knights this year. 

Anything before this year shouldn't even be considered. Did we have a phenom puck moving dman playing in Hughes? 

Did we have JT Miller before then? 

Did we have a 6'8 giant in Myers? Was Jake better last year or this year? 

How about Marky? Is he playing at his best this year or last year? 

Not only have we added significant pieces this year but all of our existing players have gotten better. 

Man the pessimism on this board is hilarious 

Im going with Van in 6

I credit Jim Benning on signing the Beagle (loved by his ex-Caps teammates), Sutter (the 3rd line centre behind Cosby and Malkin), Roussel (good teammate -Jamie Benn) and 1st round pick-JT Miller.  A good mix of vets and youngsters is a dish of success and Canuckville happiness.

Vegas don't know it yet.  The alien who escaped Area 51 is back in town.

image.jpeg.2dc013b00a5e36a762e2305197c762a2.jpeg

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Canucks in 6

Im really east of the Rockies and love the 1030 pm starts 

This is interesting. Last round, these same experts picked the Canucks to lose the series against St. Louis in 4 or 5 games.

Now, it appears we’re the (very) slight favourites:

Western Conference

No. 1 Vegas Golden Knights vs. No. 5 Vancouver Canucks

Coach’s outlook: “I think the Canucks’ rhythm is hitting right now. Everything is firing. I think eventually it’s going to fall off, but they’ve got juice right now, they’ve got mojo right now. Their power play is lethal. I don’t know what their power play percentage is, but their ability for that is lethal. They’re really good.

“I think Vegas is just a little tired-looking. I think they’re going to run out of gas. It’s going to be a longer series that could go either way, but I think it’s Vancouver’s time and I think Vegas’ D is a little suspect.”

Executive’s outlook: “Vegas might be the favorite to win the Cup. They have the deepest team. They have the goaltending. Vancouver has been great, but they beat a team that was ripe to be knocked off in St. Louis. I just think, now, the stage might be too big.”

Scout’s outlook: “Vancouver has been very impressive. Very impressive. Vegas is so solid. I think because of the way life is going, I’m going Vancouver. Right now, their goalie looks rock solid. They’ve sped up the process a little bit more. They battled through. Their goaltending masked a few of their problems, and so maybe we’re overrating them. If Jacob Markstrom is more average, then they become more average.

“Vegas is a real good team. Good goaltending. I’ll hang up the phone and think I should have picked Vegas.”

Coach’s pick: Canucks in 7.
Executive’s pick: Golden Knights in 6.
Scout’s pick: Canucks in 6.
Consensus advancing team: Canucks

https://theathletic.com/2015961/2020/08/22/nhl-predictions-unplugged-anonymous-scout-coach-and-exec-pick-series-winners/

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Canucks in 6

I'm west of the Rockies AND north of the 49th... I love a bit early start times just because I have classes that start at 6am :(

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Jake is playing well and couldn't be happier for him as I have been critical of him lately. I wonder what effect the bubble has on him. Tough to get in trouble in there. He's been in there awhile and will be awhile yet. He's away from possible negative influences? Maybe he grows up a bit. 

Felt good to see the BC boys score at home in the playoffs after all these years. Not one us would disagree with that. 

Nice to see him get rewarded, but honestly, like reaaaaly being honest, when I’m watching Jake, 9 times out of 10 he does something silly with the puck and we lose possession, 

I think he has an incredibly low hockey IQ and only because of his draft position is this a criticism/thing.

I’ll take a team full of BC kids any day, thanks, but there is no denying the amount of times that the play will die on his stick. we’ve all been witness to his ups and downs. This next series might define him, so I’m hoping he destroys the Knights for the Canucks. Like Motte, a great playoffs could mean a payday and a forever role on any team. 

I support Jake and always will, but being critical is part of being a fan of the sport too and he does have his flaws.

Thank goodness a Miller is showing him how to be a MVP. I can’t think of a better mentor for Jake to fashion his game after, especially the desire part. Can’t teach skill, which I don’t think Jake needs much of to be successful on this roster while he does Ferland’s role. 

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

For a so called canucks fan, you seem really upset we won... 

There is video review challenges on missed offside calls, goalies getting bump in the crease, hockey pucks getting kicked in, I have yet to see one where the referee is right there watching the play not blowing the play dead and signalling a goal when a team is claiming their goalie has possession of the puck. Craig Berube has already challenged the Miller offside this series. He is not scared to challenge a goal especially a pivotal goal like this in game 5. The fact that he didn't shows that he had lack confidence that the blues would get the call. Generally the NHL stands with a call on the ice and in this case there is not enough sufficient video ever evidence to turn the ruling over

Not a Canuck fan; just a Canuck fan troll.

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Felt good to see the BC boys score at home in the playoffs after all these years. Not one us would disagree with that. 

Nice to see him get rewarded, but honestly, like reaaaaly being honest, when I’m watching Jake, 9 times out of 10 he does something silly with the puck and we lose possession, 

I think he has an incredibly low hockey IQ and only because of his draft position is this a criticism/thing.

I’ll take a team full of BC kids any day, thanks, but there is no denying the amount of times that the play will die on his stick. we’ve all been witness to his ups and downs. This next series might define him, so I’m hoping he destroys the Knights for the Canucks. Like Motte, a great playoffs could mean a payday and a forever role on any team. 

I support Jake and always will, but being critical is part of being a fan of the sport too and he does have his flaws.

Thank goodness a Miller is showing him how to be a MVP. I can’t think of a better mentor for Jake to fashion his game after, especially the desire part. Can’t teach skill, which I don’t think Jake needs much of to be successful on this roster while he does Ferland’s role. 

For sure. I mentioned when we acquired JT that he would be a postive influence on Jake. You could insert Ferland into that roll as well. It's obvious to anyone who has coached any hockey that Jake struggles with hockey sense. Combine that with a lack of commitment and it's a recipe for failure. The key to Jake is himself, and his deployment. I think Green does a really good job handling Jake. I also think Green is in Jakes ear to keep it simple, do a few things well and you will be successful. Back the D off with your speed. Bang some bodies, go to the net. Stay high when the dman pinches. Simple stuff. If Jake does those things well, stays in shape, he will be a valuable Canuck. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

This is interesting. Last round, these same experts picked the Canucks to lose the series against St. Louis in 4 or 5 games.

Now, it appears we’re the (very) slight favourites:

Pfffft, they don’t even know Juice is retired.