The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I know everyone is down on the team, but as I said before, they played really badly.

They had quite a few opportunities but they squandered them.

Could easily have been 3-4 Canuck goals.... but the chances were wasted by pucks skipping over sticks, poor passes, lousy shots, etc. etc.

I think there were a lot of nerves and jitters.... the Canucks woke and realized they were in the 2nd Round and got scared.

They were over thinking instead of just playing.

I blame the coach for that... he should have settled them down.

Vegas also got away with lots of dirty plays, hooks, cheap shots and interference.

Hope that Green and Benning make it clear to the league this crap is not acceptable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

But besides that one fly by, the game I watched, he finished his other checks. I don't know why we always dwell on one play.

You are right, after that one, he did finish all his checks. I think we mention that one because that was early in the game where he could have set the tone. Stephenson was in a vulnerable position and Jake could have had him eating through a straw. You don't think the Knights would have thought twice about running one of our guys in that situation? 

I want to see the killer instinct from Jake. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Both, we were out hit, out shot and out chanced, oh, and out coached, Apart from maybe the first 10 minutes it was actually pretty sad.

We were out hit by the Blues too. Out chanced of course we were. 

What were you expecting from this game? I was expecting them to lose. If I was a betting man I would have bet all my money on Vegas winning this game. In sports after a big emotional win to finish a series, it is very difficult to turn around and win that next game if you have a day to prepare for it.

When Canucks had that loss to Wild, Green even said it was good that they had that extra day to get their heads on for G2.

23 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

I thought the refs did a really good job this game. Only missed 1 high stick, multiple crosschecks, multiple interference, multiple slashes, and multiple trips against Vegas.

Sure it isn't the ref's fault we lost the game tonight, but man, would be nice if we didn't have to play 1 v 1.5 every single game. What a joke

Not the main reason we lost but the blatant trip on Hughes when we had our only PP would have given us a 2 man advantage and chance to make it 2-1. But Lui Debrusk called it a "good stick" ...C'Mon!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Darius said:

It’s like he doesn’t know that everyone knows he doesn’t like the coach.

coach might not be perfect but here we are with a bunch of playoff rookies and half a d core of # 6and 7 d men in the second round after knocking off the defending champs.  Coaching sure sucks.

Turns out I have better s_ _ _ to do than argue with some dude over exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

I wonder what this was all about..someone calls me a chicken and lights out...Roussell scared or what?

He’s scared and tbh he should be.  Reeves probably just laughs thinking about fighting the Canucks “Toughest” player 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Let’s examine the Green missteps (to the dismay of Travis Green Koolaid drinking supporters) 

- no game plan to match Vegas 

- puts Loui back in the top 6

- does not sit Marky for the start of the 3rd

- no defensive structure .... since day 1 

- no in game adjustments... d or o 

- did not have the team prepared whatsoever

- plays Hughes the full 3rd period 

but hey you dare not challenge our coaching... the “real” fans apparently do not question leadership 

I am going to call you Chicken little.

Challenge the coaching? That is all you do. You only find fault and sound like a scratched record. It was Green's adjustments that got us through the Blues but you know that facts do not matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3