The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

They are an absolute trash team...in reading Drance's comments on what their trash talk involved this game.

Low life material.

Who cares.  They can trash talk all the way to the airport. I doubt our boys gave a shimmy ;)

Edited by cuporbust
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

anyone else think the Toffoli return has the Knights shookt? 

now we legitimately have two scoring lines and made the PP even more deadlier with him on the top unit. 

if we can get the last Tyler back and solidify our defence that would be grrrrrrreaaatt.

• Cheers 3

Markstromm pretty much stole one tonight.  He made all of the stops he should have made and most of the ones he shouldn't have been able to.  He just might be having a playoff performance to set the bar for all future Canucks goalies.  Here's hoping he can post 10 more "w"s this season.

Didn't hurt that the team managed to pop 4 goals on very few shots.  Skill does count in this league.  I knew this would be a better game than the last one.  There were so many areas to improve over that effort and so many easy adjustments to make.  This wasn't a great effort still in many ways and there are still a number of areas to improve in, which bodes well for game three.  I expect Vegas to make adjustments as well, but now the Canucks have shown that they can win against Vegas and it's anyone's series.

• Like 1

Perfect game. We stuck to our game plan and it paid off. Toffoli had a spectacular game, notching 3 points. Petey was also great. Bo keeps adding to his goal totals and now leads the playoffs in goals. Marky was solid when he needed to be. Huggy Bear continues his torrid start this playoffs. Hope the boys keep it up! GCG!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

How about Fanta....

He sure has found a home here in Vancouver.  

JB will definitely sign him to an extension this summer. 

Just a solid player on our 3rd pairing. 

I love the arrival parties for players that get overlooked in the regular season, but show what they can do when it really matters.

"We can be honest with them. We do it all the time. We didn't play very well last game. Had a good meeting last night. Call it motivation, call it whatever you want. We had to play better today, had to have a response. I was confident we'd get a response from our group. We were better with the puck and played a more direct game tonight. That's a good hockey team, we did a better job of making them defend. We needed to win tonight, if you go down two against that team it would have been tough. Our team has been strong on faceoffs all year. You want to start with the puck, if you can be strong in the faceoff circle that's important. We have a lot of guys that take pride in it. Petey's goal was big at the end of the period. Almost equally was Bo's goal. I think with a young group, it's nice to get both those goals. Rather have a two goal lead than a one goal lead. Wasn't our strongest 2nd period. Really liked our 1st and 3rd." - Green

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3