The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cable Alternatives

Chris12345

Alright here she goes...

My cable bill is way too high. All I watch is hockey and Survivor. I want it gone. No need to waste money.

What are my options? Does anyone use Sportsnet Now? Any good? Ideally I'd like all the Canucksngames, Hockey Night In Canada, and the odd other hockey game.

Also have Netflix and Disney.

If you're willing to dig for it there's lots of ways to watch hockey without paying online

Reddit NHLsteams is gone, but there are plenty of NHL streams out there 

Haven't paid for an actual service in years 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Alright here she goes...

My cable bill is way too high. All I watch is hockey and Survivor. I want it gone. No need to waste money.

What are my options? Does anyone use Sportsnet Now? Any good? Ideally I'd like all the Canucksngames, Hockey Night In Canada, and the odd other hockey game.

Also have Netflix and Disney.

Now pay $60 for Internet, $15 for Netflix and $15 for Sportsnet Now - and only for months I watch hockey no less (which has been great FWIW).

If you still want to be able to watch a decent amount of 'regular' TV, I'd also suggest looking in to free, over the air (OTA) HD.

• 1 month later...

Just joined the club

Official cut at end of month

Shaw tried hard to keep me but they could only offer me things I don't use. Offered me full cable at a great deal after I told them I don't watch cable other than NHL and NFL. Both of which I can get on an app.

• Cheers 1

Netflix 

And for Canucks games.... get a trusted friends cable sign in info and us it on the Sportnet NOW app. I have mine hooked up through my xbox. Free hockey. Also download the CTV app, they play survivor right? You can watch both CTV and CTV2 live for free. They also archive every show they have, even the news.