The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Just a reminder:

Edler has not only been the team's backbone.

He also accepted a two year deal - to expire before the expansion draft, allowing the team to protect an extra defenseman.

Snd he took less than market value imo - guys like Edler are easily worth $6 million.

crazy, for some reason i thought it was only a 1 year deal.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

IMO its wayy to early to make that call trade wise

Sedin twins

Naslund

Ronning

Luongo

Mclean

Ehrhoff

Bertuzzi (yes we traded linden but it was still a win considering

Lots of good lasting**trades

I get what your saying but like said way too early to say top 3 maybe even top 10

Forgot horvat in there or technically the 9th oa

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Just a reminder:

Edler has not only been the team's backbone.

He also accepted a two year deal - to expire before the expansion draft, allowing the team to protect an extra defenseman.

Snd he took less than market value imo - guys like Edler are easily worth $6 million.

Eagle putting himself in position for the Ring of Honour 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

The six degrees of separation don't apply to trades, ie. Burke going after the Sedins - if he didn't have McCabe it would've been something else offered, he said himself he was determined to draft both of them.  Linden should've been a lifetime Canuck, I still loathe that trade. 

I have absolutely no idea how this game will play out tonight.  Go Nucks!

11 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Eagle putting himself in position for the Ring of Honour 

He's the best.

As a young man he used to come into a club I worked.

He loved pushing the button on the smoke machine! haha, and found the female light tech we had pretty. She didn't know hockey so didn't give him the time of day. She wasn't very bright for a light tech

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 4

On a different topic, I dont think Makar should be considered a Rookie these playoffs.

Sure, in the regular season he was, as had never played a regular season NHL game until the first game of the season. 

But as he played 10 playoff games last spring, he should be counted as a sophomore these playoffs.  I mean, if last year he had broken all rookie records, his name would be in the record books.  If this year he got 1 point more, how could he be a rookie 2 years in a row?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was once on Bill Foley's estate in Sonoma. He has an entire appellation called Chalk hill. It's unreal, he has the worlds largest indoor equestrian facility in the world. He can host indoor horse polo. He has giant hot tubs for the athletes to sooth their muscles after a match. By athletes I mean the horses. Although he seemed nice and helped us find our way off his giant property, I actually got lost on his private roads, I can say he has enough in this life and does not need any more wins in these playoffs for his lousy hockey team.

Go Nucks!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

On a different topic, I dont think Makar should be considered a Rookie these playoffs.

Sure, in the regular season he was, as had never played a regular season NHL game until the first game of the season. 

But as he played 10 playoff games last spring, he should be counted as a sophomore these playoffs.  I mean, if last year he had broken all rookie records, his name would be in the record books.  If this year he got 1 point more, how could he be a rookie 2 years in a row?

It's just goes by the rule book of the league. Matt Murray won the 2 cups as a rookie. When he lost his rookie status, he lost his mojo and Brock Boeser just got lucky and scored some goals on him.

• Cheers 1