The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 03, 2020 | Series tied 3-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

If tonight is their last win this season I will be very very proud. This season has been a lot of ups and downs, but they've always been resilient, even going on the final stretch before the shutdown.  I really hope they can get it done tomorrow. 

Edited by DS4quality
  • Upvote 3

Just now, DS4quality said:

If tonight is their last game this season I will be very very proud. This season has been a lot of ups and downs, but they've always been resilient, even going on the final stretch before the shutdown.  I really hope they can get it done tomorrow. 

Well good news friend: it isn’t. :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Game 7!  Absolutely ridiculous we have to play tomorrow....

I think it favours us in every way. Younger legs, Demko> MAF, you know he's gonna choke, and Vegas looked gassed mentally and physically. They wanted to end it today, you just know last seasons choke job is creeping into their heads.

Shots aside, I thought the team was excellent defensively.

Took the lane away all night and kept the 2nd chances to a minimum. They also did a great job of knowing when to block and when to move out of the way and let Demko see the shot.

From what I've seen of Demko since he joined the Nucks was he is really good at shots from in close but was guilty of letting in too many point shots.

He seems to have fixed that.

What a great night from our entire D, Quinn had IMO had his best defensive game as a Nuck, he was outstanding.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

When he can't even backup in 2 straight games? Is he really 100%?

What if Markstrom isn’t hurt. What if this was part of the plan knowing game 7 was a back to back. Wouldn’t that be something

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

There was zero doubt Demko would play 

anyone who would suggest anything otherwise is simply not very knowledgeable about the game. Ahem ...I am looking at you 

Life without a sense of humour must be very difficult.

• Like 1

dang Demko played like a man possessed.

it was nice to see Vegas getting frustrated and kinda giving up there. i think

we really took them off their game again tonight. hopefully that carries over

in to game 7.

It is truly remarkable to see a young, hungry, and resilient team here. i admit

when we were down 3 - 1 in the series i wasn't sure, but dammit our team

never gave up. i can't wait for tomorrow's game.

I'm glad Demko got the shut out but When we were up 4 with 3 minutes left. I would have preferred to employ vegas' tactics and take a run at their defensemen. Knocking one of them out for game 7 might have been worth it. 

Also, welcome back Tyler Myers. For all you giraffe haters, his size, reach, ability to play through a physical forecheck is why he is so important to this team. 

Also Tony Stecher! His battle level was insane tonight. Loved his game. 

• Cheers 2