The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joni Jurmo | D

GoldenAlien

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is it wrong that I like this out of him? 

Like it OUT of him, or like it outta him?

No I do not want to see him throwing headbutts, but YES I do want to see a big dman with a nasty side. Someone who makes life miserable in the corners and infront of the crease. You wanna screen my goalie? You’re dealin with Joni Jurmo. You wanna crash the net? You’re dealin with Joni Jurmo. You want that puck in the corner? You guessed it.. You are dealin with 6’4 Joni f***in Jurmo.

He will fine tune his nastiness as he matures, but I dont want to see that nasty side disappear.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

Like it OUT of him, or like it outta him?

No I do not want to see him throwing headbutts, but YES I do want to see a big dman with a nasty side. Someone who makes life miserable in the corners and infront of the crease. You wanna screen my goalie? You’re dealin with Joni Jurmo. You wanna crash the net? You’re dealin with Joni Jurmo. You want that puck in the corner? You guessed it.. You are dealin with 6’4 Joni f***in Jurmo.

He will fine tune his nastiness as he matures, but I dont want to see that nasty side disappear.

I didn't want to say like it in him... sounds wrong somehow....

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sounds a bit like Jovo again!:lol:

wouldn't that be nice. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Headbutting has no place in the game and should not be endorsed.

Reminds me of some posters in this forum positively reacting to Hoglander KO’ing a player with an elbow. 

Oh here we go. Of course noone endorses a headbutt or a backwards elbow but it sure is nice seeing players havea little fire and crazy in them. I suppose you prefer the Goldobins of the world lol. Get over yourself and, stop the troll, and toughen up. Your frog schtick was old long ago.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I hope, for your sake, that you get over 2011 sometime soon. 

I wasn't even thinking about that. Maybe you need to take your own advice. 

I guess if you care about getting through big, heavy teams in the playoffs you'd understand why people like to see this. 

But seriously, if you want to watch whiney divers soccer is there for you. Enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Oh here we go. Of course noone endorses a headbutt or a backwards elbow but it sure is nice seeing players havea little fire and crazy in them. I suppose you prefer the Goldobins of the world lol. Get over yourself and, stop the troll, and toughen up. Your frog schtick was old long ago.

You’re not the first to read too much into one of my posts lately. I suppose with it being so slow right now, people are looking to start discussions one way or another. 

I never said I didn’t want to see players play with a little fire and be physical. All I said is that we should not endorse illegal hits. Celebrating headbutts and elbows to the head is pathetic. 

Edited by guntrix

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you need a few guys that play on the edge. Players like Tkachuk get praise for it. If we have a big dman who's willing to play on the edge in the making here, count me among the happy. 

that's why I was initially so stoked on the Ferland signing. alas, his head has experienced lots of trauma and he is likely done playing hockey. I just hope he can have a healthy life for himself and his family.

If Jurmo could have a 1/3 of the nastiness and intensity of a Pronger or a Chara I would be happy. I also hold out hope for Woo and that he will be a solid in your face shut down type D. Mix that with the skill of Hughes, Juolevi, Schmidt and Rathbone, I think our D corp will have the makings of a deep and well rounded unit in about 2-3 years.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

that's why I was initially so stoked on the Ferland signing. alas, his head has experienced lots of trauma and he is likely done playing hockey. I just hope he can have a healthy life for himself and his family.

If Jurmo could have a 1/3 of the nastiness and intensity of a Pronger or a Chara I would be happy. I also hold out hope for Woo and that he will be a solid in your face shut down type D. Mix that with the skill of Hughes, Juolevi, Schmidt and Rathbone, I think our D corp will have the makings of a deep and well rounded unit in about 2-3 years.

we don't really even need to set our sights that high, even Luke Schenn can be useful in the right spots. 

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

You’re not the first to read too much into one of my posts lately. I suppose with it being so slow right now, people are looking to start discussions one way or another. 

I never said I didn’t want to see players play with a little fire and be physical. All I said is that we should not endorse illegal hits. Celebrating headbutts and elbows to the head is pathetic. 

Cherry loved his elbows

• Haha 1