The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens sign Tyler Toffoli

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

How are you not banned?  Every post in this thread from you is negative or trolling other members.  

Get a life bud.  I know you're depressed and unhappy with how you're life turned out,  but don't take it out on us.

You don't have 15,000+ likes trolling. Grow up and quit crying. 

• Wat 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Nope just baseless projection from you as usual. 

so why did he sign Toffoli by giving away Madden and a second with not intention of resigning Toffoli (because he certainly could have resigned him for $4.25M)?

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I'd rather have a RD that is right handed.

Same here. Ultimately it hurts to lose Tofu but I believe our top 6 will be fine without him. We just need to aqcuire a top 4 R D or else our D corps could end up being:

Hughes Myers

Edler  Rafferty

Juolevi  Benn

I am ok with it if GMJB thinks this is best for the long term outlook. In all sincerity, our D needed an overhaul anyway and I for one do not think we will regret not bringing Troy back or signing Tanev to a 4 year term. It is just interesting to wait and see what his next move will be improving our D.

Just now, Pete M said:

so why did he sign Toffoli by giving away Madden and a second with not intention of resigning Toffoli (because he certainly could have resigned him for $4.25M)?

And maybe he didn't want to commit to 4 years. They were in negotiations, he can't make Toffoli sign here. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You don't have 15,000+ likes trolling. Grow up and quit crying. 

You have over 16,000 posts fatboy. 

That alone is sad

Every post you've made in this thread is negative or cutting other members down.

Quality poster! You add so much to the community!

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Wat 3

14 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

In terms of a RHD it makes perfect sense to target Savard from CBJ. He's a legitimate top 4 guy and only has 1 year left at 4.25 mil. 

Why do they want to trade him? Not saying they don’t just curious. Small market flat cap? 

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Unfortunately most of the highly rated ones are LH.  Only one is RH (projected top 5).

And Luke Hughes is LH.

Lol.

Of course, seems like everyone is a LD at this point. As much as I love Podkolzin, I was pretty high on Soderstrom. Not much can be done about it now I suppose. 

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

You have over 16,000 posts fatboy. 

That alone is sad

Every post you've made in this thread is negative or cutting other members down.

Quality poster! You add so much to the community!

More Personal attacks from you. Typical. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

let me type really slowly for those who are confused....giving up Madden and a second to sign Toffoli with no intention of resigning him is retarded.

COVID happened. 

Let me ask you this. Before COVID, say you were earning $5,000 a month and spending, say all of it. Now COVID happens and your business is earning only half of what you earned and probably will stay that way for the next n years. Do you still go ahead and spend $5,000 a month by borrowing money from the bank or do you slash your spending in preparation for things getting tougher? 

If you say you still spend $5,000, then good luck.

I hope you got the analogy but just to be clear, with cap staying flat for the next n years and all NHL teams set to lose money, re-signing a supporting player to long term contracts have become difficult. Some owners are still signing off on such deals but that doesn't mean the Canucks will. My guess is the owner of this team is hesitant to sign-off on any long term deals for non-essential players. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

We dont need any more forwards.  Some posters are talking about Aquilini imposing a lower cap on Benning, but I bet his bigger concern is how much he will be paying players to go to Utica. Sign another forward and Utica will break all records for AHL payroll costs

I am wondering if Aqua has handed out an internal budget.

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s official. Canucks are going back to the bottom of the standings. JB had 3 pending important UFAs and didn’t even sign one of them :picard:

Reading overreactions like these are why I hardly bother with these forums anymore.

Are people just unable to think beyond last year?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s official. Canucks are going back to the bottom of the standings. JB had 3 pending important UFAs and didn’t even sign one of them :picard:

One thing to loose them all but Toffoli at that price? And to not sign any replacements? I know they can still add but they’ve been in on some of these UFAs and struck out. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

fishbowl take.  complete with projection.

what?...bro, please explain why he gave up Madden and a second to sign Toffoli for 17 games....let me guess, to only make the playoffs? and then let your UFAs walk after the playoff experience? Explain away 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1