The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Petey was the one in his rookie camp, though, that was still accelerating on the last leg of the bag skate  - didn't he lap someone?

Oh that's right!  I think it might've been Edler or some other d-man that he lapped lol 

1 minute ago, PositionOfPower said:

They are so funny trading for Keith and now after years and years picking a franchise goalie they trade away the pick.:lol:

I will say this about the Edmonton pick...   they need a goalie that can play for them now, and next year, and the year after, etc. etc. 

Goalies aren't like forwards, you don't draft one with the hope of seeing him next year or in two years.  Goalies take 4, 5, and pretty often 6 years to break into the NHL full-time. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I will say this about the Edmonton pick...   they need a goalie that can play for them now, and next year, and the year after, etc. etc. 

Goalies aren't like forwards, you don't draft one with the hope of seeing him next year or in two years.  Goalies take 4, 5, and pretty often 6 years to break into the NHL full-time. 

Yes but better to start now and pick one with very high potential in Wallstedt than pick next year and take even more time

I have a feeling Guenther is going to be better than a few of the guys taken before him, but at the same time - he's yet another RW - probably the position of least need for this organization - Boeser, Hoglander and now Garland - as well as Podkolzin - (and Jake if he ever recovers)..... I also have a bit of a 'bias' towards the value of defensemen and centers, so unless a winger is one helluva talent, all things considered I'd prefer to take care of the 'battery' positions.

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So are they planning to sign Mike Smith until he is 50?

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 2

Raty still on the board after being considered a top pick for a while. Character issues? Skating? Injury? Hockey sense? Mixture of the above. If it's not character issues, I'd take a swing at him with our 2nd rounder. High ceiling, very low floor. Classic boom or bust player. Love to gamble.

• Cheers 1

Absolutely disgusted by that Montreal Canadiens pick. Totally classless. And putting out a half assed statement after the selection just goes to show how far the NHL needs to come in terms of taking sexual assault and sexual misconduct seriously. That kid was literally convicted of a sex crime in Sweden and he still becomes a first round pick?!? Gross. I hope the team just wasted the pick and renounce his rights before the start of the season. Much like Mitchell Miller, Logan Mailloux does not deserve to be in an NHL system right now.

Also... he asked not to be drafted so he could learn from his mistake and the Canadiens selected him anyways. *puke*

Edited by Quantum
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Raty still on the board after being considered a top pick for a while. Character issues? Skating? Injury? Hockey sense? Mixture of the above. If it's not character issues, I'd take a swing at him with our 2nd rounder. High ceiling, very low floor. Classic boom or bust player. Love to gamble.

Raty, Chibrikov, Koivunen and Klimovich I think are the high ceiling guys.  If we’ve done our scouting right, it could be a steal.

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Raty, Chibrikov, Koivunen and Klimovich I think are the high ceiling guys.  If we’ve done our scouting right, it could be a steal.

With no 3rd rounder I think it's a very good idea to gamble here. Klimovich plays with energy and passion. A center version of Pod. I like him or Raty personally. Again, that's assuming Raty is without character issues. Think he'd be down to do a Skype interview with me? Or whatever the kids are using to communicate with each other that for some reason isn't Discord.

• Cheers 1

Getting excited there are at least 10 guys I would consider 1st round picks available.  In no particular order as of yet I'd be pretty stoked with any of em. 

Heimosalmi

Raty

Robertson

Stankoven

Svozil

Chibrikov

Tuomaala

Chayka

Morrow

Koivunen

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 2