The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does LE retire if buried in minors?

Rate this topic

grandmaster

17 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Still worth it. Can find a pressbox super star for less than that. 
and be still more effective than LE has even been. 

True enough, but I think that cap savings will be going towards Jake and Gaud.

His contract is almost done and it seems to be right in line with this teams compete window.  Not sure what kind of a locker room presence he has but I hope he doesn't win with this group cause (with hindsight) the only bright side, I can see that he has brought to the team, is that his contract has (hopefully) taught JB to stop overpaying for player at/over 30 that had a career year (or a few years prior) heading into Free Agency; glad they walked away from JMs' demand.  On the ice - no need to elaborate or waste words cause it is fairly obvious... 

I would speculate, that in his last year - there is a very good chance - LE will have his best year as a Canuck; hopefully, JB can trade him for some asset(s); i would take one/two sevenths for him and celebrate.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

On 10/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Robert Long said:

no worries. The other issue is also where guys like Killorn are willing to go, Detroit may not be on his trade llst. 

I'm sure Schmidts no trade list played a big part in us getting him for next to nothing, that was a crap trade for Vegas. 

Yeah Schmidt, perhaps gave Vegas a limited list of teams and Vancouver made the best offer, in terms of cap space....

I still say that we should just put him on barge and Push him out to sea.  Watching his meek/timid performance for so long now just sickens me and sends the wrong message to our young core and that hard work and effort needs to be the norm and "freeloading" like LE will cost you instead of giving you a nice soft/cushy country club lifestyle.  This has been the Canucks mantra for too long now.  Torts was "right on the button" with his observations a few years back.  

Edited by RU SERIOUS

24 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I still say that we should just put him on barge and Push him out to sea.  Watching his meek/timid performance for so long now just sickens me and sends the wrong message to our young core and that hard work and effort needs to be the norm and "freeloading" like LE will cost you instead of giving you a nice soft/cushy country club lifestyle.  This has been the Canucks mantra for too long now.  Torts was "right on the button" with his observations a few years back.  

My prediction...

On 10/17/2020 at 3:22 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

This is so true, we should have learned from hanging on to the Sedins too long once they were done. This guy is holding this team back, big time. I would be p!$$&d if this guy was on my team making the money he does playing the way he does. He is a cancer plain and simple, get him far far away from this team please, at what ever cost its going to take. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, King Heffy said:

Players who care about winning would be happy to see the team doing what's best to ice a competitive lineup and calling up an actual NHLer instead of LE.  No one wants to work with the guy who's always making excuses, blames the boss for his poor performance, relies on everyone else to make it look like he's pulling his weight, and makes more than everyone else despite being completely useless.  There isn't a single player on the roster who won't be grateful to see that worthless sack of **** sent to the AHL where he belongs.

Loui is a better defensive player than Jake Virtanen, Adam Gaudette, or Brock Boeser, so he has relatable skills........

I am not sure I would agree that "everyone" even on the Canucks would want to see Loui treated like that..................

Same going for Baertschi......................I think it is more a matter of "what can they do about it?"

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:59 PM, ShawnAntoski said:

He will ride this contract to the last year, in which, he will have his best year as a Canuck....

it wouldn't take much to have his best year...every year so far has been horrible!!!

Edited by goog16
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Loui is a better defensive player than Jake Virtanen, Adam Gaudette, or Brock Boeser, so he has relatable skills........

I am not sure I would agree that "everyone" even on the Canucks would want to see Loui treated like that..................

Same going for Baertschi......................I think it is more a matter of "what can they do about it?"

No one, in any job, wants to work with a a guy who won't put in an honest effort and makes everyone else cover for their incompetence.  Professional hockey players don't like lazy floaters like LE.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

No one, in any job, wants to work with a a guy who won't put in an honest effort and makes everyone else cover for their incompetence.  Professional hockey players don't like lazy floaters like LE.

So I am thinking the team does not like Jake, Adam or Brock also?

Defense is teachable.......................very easily teachable.......

These guys just don't want to try!..............................TRADE THEM!

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

So I am thinking the team does not like Jake, Adam or Brock also?

Defense is teachable.......................very easily teachable.......

These guys just don't want to try!..............................TRADE THEM!

Those guys were putting in an obvious effort.  Eriksson isn't even breaking a sweat; it is painfully obvious he does not care at all whether or not he is hurting the team by continue to waste a roster spot.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Those guys were putting in an obvious effort.  Eriksson isn't even breaking a sweat; it is painfully obvious he does not care at all whether or not he is hurting the team by continue to waste a roster spot.

Loui plays decent defense.....he is trying and it shows on defense

Like I said, defense is easy to learn...............eeeesayyyyyyy!

Everyone seems concerned with the message being sent to future players who might sigh here... if the message is "you want to take our millions and mail it in, well we don't want your sorry sack on our roster, we have other players who still have a desire to play"

I'm fine with sending that message to guys like Ericksson... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Everyone seems concerned with the message being sent to future players who might sigh here... if the message is "you want to take our millions and mail it in, well we don't want your sorry sack on our roster, we have other players who still have a desire to play"

I'm fine with sending that message to guys like Ericksson... 

Exactly.  We want to create a culture where playing like LE does simply unacceptable.  Holding him accountable for his floating and spewing garbage about the coach helps dissuade other players with character issues from coming here.

• Cheers 1

This guy is buttery soft and has no offensive skills what so ever. He has minimal defensive skills which should be served on the 3rd or 4th lines. He has no business being in the top 6 let alone playing in the NHL, period. 

Lets get the prospects in there so we can see what they can do, I am done with this loser. 

• Cheers 2

On 10/15/2020 at 3:26 AM, grandmaster said:

This contract has become a cancer to the team for too long. From the moment he arrived and scored on his own team, it’s been nothing but down hill. It annoys me that TT would have remained if we didn’t have LE.

It’s obvious no one wants this guy and JB is not willing to throw away futures to get rid of him. A buyout doesn’t help much so we are stuck with this disaster.

Do you think he will retire if he rode the bus Utica? Does LE have any pride? No more posh amenities? It is time to play hardball on this guy. 

Swallow my pride and ride a bus for 6.5 million dollars a year? The salary is enough of a posh amenity.