The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

happy Halloween 2020!!

kurtis

Happy Halloween everyone! As usual all I can hear are fire works going off, which is awsome! I hope people are still able to celebrate it with their kids in these strange times. 

image.gif

Edited by kurtis
  • Haha 3

What an idiot ( I hope that's not you? haha)  Happy Halloween to you too. 

We have chosen to keep the kids home, and we are not handing out candy. I feel for the younger ones, but it's only this year. By next October all will back to normal. (I hope).

• Like 1

Thought about putting out a “self serve” bucket of candy, like previous years (kids around here are surprisingly honest and just take what’s appropriate), but last year, the local raccoon family decided to go trick or treating, and those masked bandits didn’t follow any of the rules. Candy scattered everywhere, bucket dragged halfway down my driveway, and a trail of dropped candy and wrappers leading all the way back to their den.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thought about putting out a “self serve” bucket of candy, like previous years (kids around here are surprisingly honest and just take what’s appropriate), but last year, the local raccoon family decided to go trick or treating, and those masked bandits didn’t follow any of the rules. Candy scattered everywhere, bucket dragged halfway down my driveway, and a trail of dropped candy and wrappers leading all the way back to their den.

4kl142.jpg

• Haha 4

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Is your plague doctor mask n95 rated? Or did you go old school and fill the beak with theriac herbs? ;) 

(nice costume btw :))

Friend made it out of baked leather, super awesome.  Has the proper holes and storage for chrysanthemum and everything

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One trick or treater so far....Covid isn't the only problem here on the North Coast....it's raining and blowing harder than 2020....

Cranky Devil Cat Avanti Funny Halloween Card: Amazon.ca: Office Products

Feel free to send me all your leftover candy.

• Haha 1

Just got home, there was maybe 30% of the kids as last year I think. Got a handful of houses with the 3 year old until he was tired of walking then we called it a night. Lots of abs pipes to drop candy in, he was definitely confused he didn't get to knock on more than 1 door all night lol

image.png

image.png

image.png

Decorated all day.

Had ONE trick or treater.   Would have given her all the candy had I known.

I, too, hate fireworks....scare the crap out the animals out there.  

We're going to do a family "get together" via zoom shortly...mostly for the kids in the family who we're missing a whole lot!

• Like 1