Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

1 + 1 = 2 ?

we were told last week coroner was investigating 1 case

were waiting for the conclusion of their investigation

so that 1 is now done?

You are referring to the North Vanc dentist?   I don’t believe that case is the 1.  His name has already been disclosed, so Dr. Henry would have commented if it was him.

The person I had mentioned over the weekend is the 1 case.  They were known within my family/friends.  

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hey, don't forget to criticize Trudeau as well....

.....otherwise, you're being a hypocrite....:rolleyes:

(If that doesn't make any sense, go back through the past dozen or so pages and the posts of a guy who's username starts with H)

I wish our guy’s biggest problem was wearing blackface, using made up political terms and cultural appropriation.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

You are referring to the North Vanc dentist?   I don’t believe that case is the 1.  His name has already been disclosed, so Dr. Henry would have commented if it was him.

The person I had mentioned over the weekend is the 1 case.  They were known within my family/friends.  

he was not a coronavirus fatality yet

she explicitly said that last week

she was waiting for the coroner's investigation outcome

but i'm going to stop speculating on this

likely should not have posted my first post on this

Edited by coastal.view

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I wish our guy’s biggest problem was wearing blackface, using made up political terms and cultural appropriation.

Well, he wears Orangeface, makes up words like Covfefe and hamberders, and would probably appropriate culture if he knew what that was.....so....;)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

he was not a coronavirus fatality yet

she explicitly said that last week

she was waiting for the coroner's investigation outcome

but i'm going to stop speculating on this

likely should not have posted my first post on this

Right....that why I don’t think it was him.

I am sure once the coroners report comes back she will advise the outcome.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Seeing how high the numbers are climbing in Ontario and Quebec, do you guys/gals think BC may be understating our number of cases? Or are we doing that much of a better job social distancing?

The numbers are going to be what gets confirmed. They'll never be the total numbers. Self isolation might also mean a lot of cases don't get confirmed as well.

I think better social distancing because of that. We reacted sooner than them if I recall correctly.

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's my point.

If someone thinks JT is an idiot in any way....it pales in comparison to Donald. 

They are not really comparable ....different leagues. 

Trump is like Jordan of idiocy, JT is like every other basketball player from Canada, not named Wiggins, Fox or Nash.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Seeing how high the numbers are climbing in Ontario and Quebec, do you guys/gals think BC may be understating our number of cases? Or are we doing that much of a better job social distancing?

Less people might be a factor. That being said, here in South Hill, people are doing it right. When my family and I go for our daily walk through Mountain View cemetery, the average person keeps 10+ ft of distance. 

2 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Trump is on right now, 2:15 PM. He is saying how many people they have tested. Then he goes on to say that this is "More than anyone else, by far".  It may be, by why does he have to make it a contest every time.

Well considering they have a bigger population than most countries in the world, if they didn't test more cases that would look even worse. lol

Just watch, he'll say "most recovered" after all is said and done and ignore the "most deaths" part...

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I believe BC is understating the numbers due to many cases not being tested

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Trump is on right now, 2:15 PM. He is saying how many people they have tested. Then he goes on to say that this is "More than anyone else, by far".  It may be, by why does he have to make it a contest every time.

Small minds have try to make everything sound bigger and better than it is. 

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Well considering they have a bigger population than most countries in the world, if they didn't test more cases that would look even worse. lol

Just watch, he'll say "most recovered" after all is said and done and ignore the "most deaths" part...

I'm sure their death toll will ramp up soon but currently the case-death ratio for USA isn't so bad in comparison.  Canada is better of course. The China stat line is just a joke.

I assume he wants to amplify that they have done the most tests as a reason to why they have the most confirmed total cases.

image.thumb.png.d72090d199c90c918bbcda060aa5cc0a.png

Just now, Chicken. said:

I'm sure their death toll will ramp up soon but currently the case-death ratio for USA isn't so bad in comparison.  Canada is better of course. The China stat line is just a joke.

I assume he wants to amplify that they have done the most tests as a reason to why they have the most confirmed total cases.

Oh I very much know the death toll down there at the moment. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but if they get millions of cases I find it hard to imagine them not going up big time. :(