The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Their ancestors were not overweight, living in basements, addicted to video games and Trumps Twitter.

Plus they carried guns to use them unlike all these “pimped out” guns that are more for display purposes.

And they were not little bitches that are upset about not being able to go to bass pro shop, Cracker Barrel or nascar.

Yeah and I forgot about George Washington as well.  A guy who almost refused the Presidency because he thought he wasn't good enough/qualified (and actually had to be convinced to take that position).  You could use a guy like that today (heck, *OUR* country could as well).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah and I forgot about George Washington as well.  A guy who almost refused the Presidency because he thought he wasn't good enough/qualified (and actually had to be convinced to take that position).  You could use a guy like that today (heck, *OUR* country could as well).

Trump definitely has nothing in common with G.W.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Trump definitely has nothing in common with G.W.

No Leader ever has been. When the war of independence was won, Washington actually relinquished his position of commander in chief to go home to farm. Many of the founding fathers however would not sign the constitution until Washington agreed to be either King or the President.  He chose president as America was itself based on the idea of the people being in control.

All leaders today globally are scum today. It’s a requirement of the job. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Shot in the back of the head, while talking to the accomplice.

Catch them and lock them up, forever, and then add a few decades.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

I would say I am shocked but unfortunately I'm not cuz it's the USA.  

:(

It's not just the states.

long past time Canadians take a good look at our own country, before throwing rocks at our neighbour.

Was just two weeks ago some one killed 22 people in this country.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, wloutet said:

If wearing an ordinary mask (not the in hospital type of mask) is more for the safety of others than for yourself, then if someone had a mask that had written "I am wearing this mask for YOUR safety" on it, then it might shame others into wearing a mask too.

"Shaming" others is a weak approach to dealing with an issue. It has also proven over and over to be ineffective.

So....no thanks.

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

A life sentence is pretty much a life sentence there......unlike in this country.  I'm against the death penalty but feel a life sentence should be exactly that.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, gurn said:

40 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's simply unreal. 

30 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Fck, me.... What the actual Fck.

I had to stop and get gas in Flint area on my way back from Toronto.

Its pretty rough area for sure.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

A life sentence is pretty much a life sentence there......unlike in this country.  I'm against the death penalty but feel a life sentence should be exactly that.

I could not agree more.

Weak cdn judges think a life sentence is 5 years. Pathetic....

45 minutes ago, gurn said:

It's not just the states.

long past time Canadians take a good look at our own country, before throwing rocks at our neighbour.

Was just two weeks ago some one killed 22 people in this country.

That this rampage happened in Canada.  Yes I was shocked and saddened. 

When stuff like this happens in the USA, I am less so because it happens so often. 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Never been a big supporter of capital punishment but some crimes make me reconsider that.

People like this are animals and don’t don’t deserve to live in society.

Youre willling to take someone’s life because your wife couldn’t buy something at a dollar store? Seriously? How do jump from that to murder it makes absolutely no sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I had to stop and get gas in Flint area on my way back from Toronto.

Its pretty rough area for sure.

Flint has had a brutal go of it over the the last 3 administrations, at the very least. Could never understand how they could get so much media and still be completely neglected.

But.... it’s a mask. Something that was even more necessary to get up and close enough to blow someone’s brains out.... from behind. Regardless of socioeconomic issues, systematic racism and the search for non-poisoned water - someone who was willing to do this was either looking for the opportunity or has done it before. Or both. Straight up POS.

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I could not agree more.

Not true, I was a juror in a murder case. A guy hacked his mom with an axe to get inheritance. Crown knew if it went first degree murder it would be tougher. So they went with second degree. To my surprise after the case was over and we'd given our verdict I thought that was it. Turns out we had to vote for the punishment. (Which I thought the Judge did.) I thought 10 was too low. 20 to life no one else would go for. So I voted to let the Judge decide. The judge and jury together decided on 14. (Which I know in real terms is 8 or 9). 

And that's for 2nd degree. It was a rough case. The crime scene photos I try to forget. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Weak judges or simply weak laws? 

Society could demand that the lawmakers create hugely punitive minimum sentences for specific crimes and take it out of 'weak judges' hands.......But who are we kidding,  it's Canada........